Home

Career mode issues

This is a discussion on Career mode issues within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2023, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career mode issues

Hi all, starting up a topic specific to career mode in the hope that some of the offline players get a bit more attention. My main issues at the moment are that the move rating upgrades have somehow taken a step backward. We have the same issues from UFC 4 where you spend hours upon hours running sparring sessions throwing solely jabs in order to get a half decent jab which is infuriatingly tiresome, but now it's compounded by their attempt at making sparring not boring with the goals. Once I complete the goals sometimes it leaves me only 15 seconds left to spam what I want to upgrade. Some of the goals are related to skills I can't even unlock until I'm champion, so I load in and find out that nah I'm screwed, B grade only. I'm constantly scratching just to barely get decent fitness. Once I've completed that training I can Sim it, but as far as I can see it doesn't upgrade my moves. Just painful to grind, borderline upsetting. Need to upgrade my ground elbow right? I can only throw one every 20 seconds cos I need 2 denials to posture up reliably, then I need to throw the elbow which postures me down. Once you've taken up most of the time completing goals, I've landed 2 ground elbows in the whole session. Here's 400 points, do it another 50 times if you want a 4 star elbow.
That's one single aspect, I've got another 10 gameplay issues and a decent 50 bugs to report.
Full disclosure, I haven't paid for this, I'm playing my housemates copy.
Can we get a list and some feedback going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Career mode issues

Some more issues:
Have to hit a type of submission that requires the opponent putting me on my back, but they will not.
Challenges no registering as complete, 'land X of y strikes in the clinch'. I am, but the counter isn't going up.
Tasks that go 'hit them in the head with X strike y times', then another one involving head damage, then another involving head damage. The sparring partner simply cannot take that amount of damage and gets knocked out long before I'm done, now I can't use them for the rest of training camp.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Move boost for traditional kicks only includes calf kicks. No other type of kick, like standard leg kicks, roundhouse, body kicks etc. Seems silly.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #4
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedMetalArts
Need to upgrade my ground elbow right? I can only throw one every 20 seconds cos I need 2 denials to posture up reliably, then I need to throw the elbow which postures me down. Once you've taken up most of the time completing goals, I've landed 2 ground elbows in the whole session.
I believe elbows from full guard bottom, side control top, side saddle top, and crucifix top also count toward ground elbow progress. Don't know for sure, but my ground elbows have been upgrading with me only rarely throwing the big postured-up shot.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Game freezes or gets stuck in ground position after training sessions. Has happened to me 3 times. Allows you to quit or restart, but you can’t move on with what you’ve accomplished.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »