Home

Online Career Mode

This is a discussion on Online Career Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-28-2023, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online Career Mode

I'm a huge fan of this mode but so disappointed currently. I really enjoy the game play of building a fighter from basic and having those matches where you both have bad stats etc but the current bugs + hand speed/power domination are taking all the fun out of it.

Currently (as posted in the TapOrSnap AMA) you cannot upgrade either wrestling takedown so you cannot access turning takedowns which makes playing a grappler really difficult as it's almost impossible to take anyone down otherwise.

I have LV3 BJJ takedowns but the pull guard to mount does not work.

I only have arm triangle from mount, not even half-guard, even though I have LV 3 arm triangles.

The current "cheese" of maxing hand speed/power and running through everyone like butter would be bearable if the above issues were fixed as I might have a chance of taking them down (also stamina needs looking at generally across the board but everyone knows that).

Anyone else have any other bugs in OCM that they've noticed?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2023, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Online Career Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I'm a huge fan of this mode but so disappointed currently. I really enjoy the game play of building a fighter from basic and having those matches where you both have bad stats etc but the current bugs + hand speed/power domination are taking all the fun out of it.

Currently (as posted in the TapOrSnap AMA) you cannot upgrade either wrestling takedown so you cannot access turning takedowns which makes playing a grappler really difficult as it's almost impossible to take anyone down otherwise.

I have LV3 BJJ takedowns but the pull guard to mount does not work.

I only have arm triangle from mount, not even half-guard, even though I have LV 3 arm triangles.

The current "cheese" of maxing hand speed/power and running through everyone like butter would be bearable if the above issues were fixed as I might have a chance of taking them down (also stamina needs looking at generally across the board but everyone knows that).

Anyone else have any other bugs in OCM that they've noticed?

Thanks
stats should be the same for all the fighters based on MMA, Box, kickboxing jiu jitsu and wrestling and you buy with xp moves, moves rates and perks
Old 10-30-2023, 08:04 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
stats should be the same for all the fighters based on MMA, Box, kickboxing jiu jitsu and wrestling and you buy with xp moves, moves rates and perks
The ability to customize the stats is what makes this mode so great. Please keep that.

That being said. As previously mentioned and talked about on discord, there are tons of bugs where moves are not working or counting.
As for the overall experience of career mode, I think the evolution points are way too strict, and it is too much of a grind. When you use a double boost, it feels about right, but could be even more. With no boost, it takes around 100 fights to get you to 1000 points to prestige, and then you only gain 100 extra available points, which would take another 100+ fights for just a couple half stars extra.
Old 11-12-2023, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

@Devs any info around when we can expect updates to online career mode? The first patch has been released now and the previous bugs mentioned are still in OCM - takedowns do not progress so you cannot access turning takedowns, some moves are not unlocked even with the relevant skill progressed e.g. can't backpack, drag to guard then sweep, arm triangle from side control etc.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »