Home

Gameplay Update v1.00

This is a discussion on Gameplay Update v1.00 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-27-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Gameplay Update v1.00

Another year of every gameplay update being version 1.00

Another year of praying to god that if you use the latest version that it doesn't suck worse than the last one

God forbid they use real version numbers which allow us to go back to a previous tuner

What is so difficult about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

bingyp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gameplay Update v1.00

Yet another example of something that was in the game upto NHL 16/legacy but has never been implemented into the next (now previous) generation.
Only difference I have noticed is that the AI takes fewer penalties. If that's the only change, then it's a good one.
Old 10-27-2023, 10:05 PM   #3
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Has anyone found any news on what this tuner updated?

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-27-2023, 11:06 PM   #4
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

For me the tuners over the years for NHL nearly always make the game worse if anything.
The early ones are sometimes ok but the last couple years after I get settled I don't risk changing to a new version because of how they have the system set up.
I don't trust EA, and when there system is stupid with rarely detailed info of what the tuner actually does it feels something like downloading a file off of some sketchy site.

However, if you're not happy with how the game is playing it might be worth getting a new tuner to see if that helps.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:04 AM   #5
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
For me the tuners over the years for NHL nearly always make the game worse if anything.
The early ones are sometimes ok but the last couple years after I get settled I don't risk changing to a new version because of how they have the system set up.
I don't trust EA, and when there system is stupid with rarely detailed info of what the tuner actually does it feels something like downloading a file off of some sketchy site.

However, if you're not happy with how the game is playing it might be worth getting a new tuner to see if that helps.

I like that you can actually pick a tuner that you like, instead of being stuck on the latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2023, 12:35 AM   #6
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
I like that you can actually pick a tuner that you like, instead of being stuck on the latest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the problem though......you can only pick your current tuner or take a gamble on the latest

If they release 8 tuner updates throughout the season, you can only use whatever one (called 1.00) you are using or take a chance on the latest (also called 1.00)

You do not have the ability to use any of the 8 versions, just 2 of them

Basically, if you like the way the game is playing with the original tuner.....you should never even consider trying the latest tuner because you could never get back a tuner that was 2 or 3 versions ago

It would be perfect if say they were on v1.07 but you had the ability to manually choose to use v1.03 or v.104

It's absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable to be this way in 2023.....I almost feel that they should either fix it or just get rid of the tuners altogether. Just have the game out of the box, the patches and sliders rather than a bunch of different tuners that make the sliders behave differently from tuner to tuner
Old 10-30-2023, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Numbering the tuner updates (as would seem logical), will only make users actively avoid an update if they KNOW which one is bad vs which one is good.

Better to leave the numbering be the same so as to generate the most amount of confusion in the userbase. Then you can use "plausible deniability" as a defense against people that badmouth it.

You: "I updated the tuners and my game plays bad now!"

EA: "Are you sure? Which tuner set are you using?"

You: "I don't know... It says 1.00 in the menu."

EA: "Try deleting your save game and redowloading the tuner again to make sure you have the latest one."

You: "Oh, I did that and now my game play better, thanks!" (you already had that same tuner before. Placebo effect)

:/

Also, like the post above mentioned, can you imagine if people would have the ability to pick a tuner they preferred? Imagine if users could pinpoint which tuner it was that ruined the game. The dev team would never hear the end of it.

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 10-30-2023 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2023, 11:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
Another year of every gameplay update being version 1.00

Another year of praying to god that if you use the latest version that it doesn't suck worse than the last one

God forbid they use real version numbers which allow us to go back to a previous tuner

What is so difficult about

It's because they are simple minded

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »