Home

Success or Disappointment, What Drives Your Franchise Progress?

This is a discussion on Success or Disappointment, What Drives Your Franchise Progress? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

With the World Series kicking off tonight, it got me thinking about the crapshoot that is...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 04:35 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Success or Disappointment, What Drives Your Franchise Progress?

Genuinely curious what will drive people to do another season more in their franchise so felt this was a good time to frame it and ask it.
Old 10-27-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I won the World Series with the Cardinals, after going 2-1 in the WC, 3-1 in the NLDS, 4-3 in the NLCS and 4-3 in the WS.

For me, it's trying to repeat with some of the new additions and call ups.
Old 10-27-2023, 05:47 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Genuinely curious what will drive people to do another season more in their franchise so felt this was a good time to frame it and ask it.

For me each new season tells a new story. In my current franchise that is currently in the 6th season, the Pirates made the playoffs even after trading Bryan Reynolds. Ke’Bryan Hayes and O’Neill Cruz. They have now Ian Anderson, Bo Bichette, Dylan Crews and Walter Jenkins(top draft picks)

The Angels have been to back to back World Series, losing both, and they don’t have Ohtani.

The Blue Jays are the worst team in the AL. The A’s are playoff contenders. The Braves are a jauggernaut, the Dodgers stink.

Each year there is a storyline or multiple storylines that are intriguing and help engulf me into my fantasy franchise universe.

Watching teams rise and fall, and my own quest to reach October and make a return to the World Series excite me to play the next calendar day to see what happens next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-27-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:41 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I agree with the sentiment that each season tells a new story. I don't play as fast as some and am actually feeling a bit lost on what to do with my show franchises.

My main franchise is an Indians franchise on 20 where I started in 17, the year after they lost the World Series to the Cubs and is essentially a "what could have been" style franchise. I'm only in year 3 but I've won the 17 and 18 World Series although I probably shouldn't have won in 17. I put my PS4 (at the time) in rest mode and my power went out killing a Game 5 in the ALCS against the Astros that would have likely resulted in a loss and me going down 3-1. I replayed the game and won tying the series at 2-2. We would go on to win the series and eventually the World Series. In 2018 we caught fire in the post season and steam rolled everyone.

My current season is about a quarter way through and I've upped the difficulty which has made things more interesting and challenging but I'm debating if I want to keep this chise going or start over since I've already won 2 WS. Do I keep going to see if this can be a longterm Dynasty or do I take on a rebuild?

Both have their appeals.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2023, 06:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

for me winning a title early does dampen the fun factor in franchise mode. It doesn't matter what sport.
As long as the process is challenging, Ill play more than one season. Gameplay has to be challenging and all the franchise/gm tasks have to provide a good level of immersion.
With that said, I haven't won a title in any sports game in a long time. Ive been close.

I dont even think I play for championships, I play for the accumulation of stats, and I like to see how these leagues play out historically, more so than winning championships.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:12 AM   #7
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Rebuilds are what keep me going. Starting from scratch and building a team and trying to eventually win it all, and also watching the younger players grow and accumulate stats

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0

At this point all I want to do is win a championship. With a team that isn’t favored to even compete. In the 17 years of playing this game I’ve won only two championships. Both of which were with very very good teams. That’s it, I just want to win it all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »