Home

EA SPORTS UFC 5 - Career Mode Gameplay w/ Bayliun

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS UFC 5 - Career Mode Gameplay w/ Bayliun within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2023, 07:53 AM   #1
Rookie

Shak 2 Times's Arena

OVR: 0
EA SPORTS UFC 5 - Career Mode Gameplay w/ Bayliun

New video uploaded by Bayliun showcasing UFC 5's career mode.

https://youtu.be/8hPNQz4TR2I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2023, 08:39 AM   #2
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Re: EA SPORTS UFC 5 - Career Mode Gameplay w/ Bayliun

So basically in 4, it was impossible to win your first career fight. In 5, it's impossible to lose it. I'm also stoked that they addressed the multiple knockdown issue. I only counted 8 of them in the first 2 minutes of the first career mode fight. On legendary. On sim. This looks like its truly "as real as it gets."
Old 10-19-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Shak 2 Times's Arena

This disappointed me immediately too. At least once the HUD disappeared later in the vid we did see a one-hitter quitter KO but I need to see more simulation mode gameplay before I'm convinced.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

looks same as ufc4 lol.. the gameplay looks much worse with low rating fighter. knockdown and easy get up over and over... i can't believe.. they didn't touch kd system. knockdown should be more rare.. it needs multiple levels of rock and animations before knockdown.
Old 10-19-2023, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Doesn't look like something I want to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2023, 04:32 PM   #6
Pro

Honestly: I'm pretty far from impressed with it. It all points to the exact same formula: a couple of movies after the first 5 fights and then it's on auto-fight mode. Exciting... except it's not and they removed more stuff. There's actually seems less choice of clothing (no short vale tudo pants I see; why the hell did they remove that? No coloured venom shorts).

People are so brainwashed by their business practices that you see them asking: "can we still do this?" "can we still do that?", and be overjoyed when they can. I'm tired of these content creators acting like this stuff is new, exposing that they barely played the previous game. For instance: it's not new that you get to pick a background. It was there all along. The only "new" thing is that you start with a perk? Wow, this limits the player even more. The fact that they showcase this tells us that there's literaly nothing new.

In the end this feels like a "port" of EAUFC4 to their "new" engine. Hopefully the 6th installment will be worth it. Will still try the demo though, and in those 10 hours I'll probably run through all the new content.

Instead of adding replay value by having different preludes: grappling tournaments, muay thai using their "MK" arena, backyard boxing,... No, just use the same premade package to run through, including an auto-win and some boring startup fights. But I guess they've determined that their favorite audience, the ******s, only play it once, and the others just put up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I only counted 8 of them in the first 2 minutes of the first career mode fight. On legendary. On sim. This looks like its truly "as real as it gets."
To be fair: it's the first fight. They need to create a feeling of progressing difficulty imo. You should be fighting nothing but bums there.

Last edited by Blackman316; 10-19-2023 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2023, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Gonna play the 10 hour trial (thanks EA play) but this really is exactly the same as UFC 4, kinda insane that there was such a big gap and so little changed. They didn't even have Dana White's voice in there.

If there was any bigger changes to Career Mode they'd have mentioned it by now, so I feel like this game's a skip for me, I'll wait for Undisputed's career mode beta instead. It's a shame that the game's made so few changes/additions but on the upside at least we know before release so there's no surprise. £70 saved!
Old 10-19-2023, 06:37 PM   #8
Pro

This is expected. It’s EA sports after all haha. They make minimal changes to their games. I really hope the people who say they won’t buy it stick to their guns, but realistically I’ve been someone who said they won’t and still do because I just want to play an mma game. It’s unfortunate but this is pretty much as expected

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »