Home

Dynamic difficulty

This is a discussion on Dynamic difficulty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2023, 07:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Dynamic difficulty

Hey guys
Do you know if there’s a way to reset my dynamic difficulty setting so I can start with legend instead of rookie? Do I really need to re install the game ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2023, 05:50 PM   #2
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Re: Dynamic difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy99
Hey guys
Do you know if there’s a way to reset my dynamic difficulty setting so I can start with legend instead of rookie? Do I really need to re install the game ?
I think you might need to make a new profile in the settings menu. I know you can choose your starting level but I don't think you can reset it on the same profile

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 10-16-2023, 06:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
I think you might need to make a new profile in the settings menu. I know you can choose your starting level but I don't think you can reset it on the same profile
I have been trying to get to all star + for like three days lol. It started on beginner or amateur or something like that. I made it to all star + in hitting in like six innings. However it’s taking forever to get to the same level for pitching. I threw four consecutive complete game shutouts breaking the strikeouts record each time before it made it to veteran. I even had the sliders jacked in my favor. I don’t know how to have it start at a certain level. I’m not sure it’s an option on the ps4 because I’ve searched everywhere for how to do this. Once I get there I hope it stays on that level once I zero out the dynamic slider otherwise I’ll just roll with all star and hof. Going through the process on exhibition games because I couldn’t imagine playing franchise games like this lol.

Last edited by Doyoueven85; 10-16-2023 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:05 AM   #4
Rookie

It's easier to start on HOF and then purposely tank for an inning to get to A++ but I think it requires a reinstall to get the option to start there.
Old 10-16-2023, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
I have been trying to get to all star + for like three days lol. It started on beginner or amateur or something like that. I made it to all star + in hitting in like six innings. However it’s taking forever to get to the same level for pitching. I threw four consecutive complete game shutouts breaking the strikeouts record each time before it made it to veteran. I even had the sliders jacked in my favor. I don’t know how to have it start at a certain level. I’m not sure it’s an option on the ps4 because I’ve searched everywhere for how to do this. Once I get there I hope it stays on that level once I zero out the dynamic slider otherwise I’ll just roll with all star and hof. Going through the process on exhibition games because I couldn’t imagine playing franchise games like this lol.
Tip 1: don’t forget to nerf all the AI’s hitting sliders to zero to speed it up.
Tip 2: for whatever reason BIP outs are worth more than K’s so don’t try to strike everyone out, try to get them to pop or ground out instead.
Tip 3: don’t forget you can switch sides and only pitch, so you’re not wasting time batting.

Shouldn’t take more than another 7-12 innings to get there if you do that. And I agree AS+ is a nice difficulty level. It’s what I play on too.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 10-16-2023 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2023, 05:45 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

In the time before the initial DD select was a thing (or if I wanted to change it later) I would always play an exhibition game with one of the all-time teams vs. a AA, raise the DD sensitivity slider to max, and just play out a few games like that as the all-time team. Hitting is practically guaranteed to reach the level I was looking for first, and when it did I'd just start fast-forwarding my team's plate appearances.

Progress is based only on OPS for (hitting) and against (pitching), so while hitting can go faster due to extra bases, pitching is always going to have the same rate of increase.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:04 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

I think a HUGE problem with sports games is there are TOO many ratings. Do the programmers even know how they interact with one another?

I want dominant players to dominate, with frequency. Too often in this game I feel like I can get the best of guys where they would should lock me down.

But the labels are stuck in a place where the average guy that buys the game for the first time has to be able to have fun with the game.

There's just no happy medium. There won't be until there is competition that can step in and actively fill these voids.
Old 10-21-2023, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Strongly considering switching to just dynamic difficulty for my franchise. Wondering what people’s experience is with this. I’d assume it would produce more ebbs and flows throughout a full season which is what I’m looking for. However I can see it getting in my head like “I hit really well because the level went down” or “I wouldnt have pitched so poorly if the level wasn’t so high “ I’ve heard stories about how it can cause some people to have LONG periods of not being able to get the ball out of the infield or not being able to record a out. But that’s baseball. I would assume my levels wouldn’t be dramatically far apart like hitting on veteran and pitching on legend for extended periods of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »