Home

Be a Pro goalkeeper — there’s gotta be more than this

This is a discussion on Be a Pro goalkeeper — there’s gotta be more than this within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2023, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Be a Pro goalkeeper — there’s gotta be more than this

I am new to this game; I’ve never owned FIFA in the past. I wanted to try to be a goalkeeper in a Be a Pro mode since I was the keeper on a few teams when I was young and wanted to relive that. But I’ve been really disappointed in my first few games.

I don’t know if there are settings I need to adjust, but whenever I got subbed into a game, my team (St. Louis City SC) would go on a scoring rampage. I was just given the opportunity to start my first game, and we won by a ridiculous score of 7-0. I’ve adjusted the difficulty level a bit, going up to Semi-Pro and then Professional to see if that would be more challenging and not see my team score so much, but that hasn’t seemed to do anything.

Because my team is always scoring, I’m never getting any chances to make saves. I didn’t receive a single chance in my first full game and only had two chances (made both saves) in all the friendlies and first two MLS games that I was subbed into. And because I’m not getting any chances, it’s not giving me a high enough “grade” and is acting like I had a bad game.

I’m also disappointed by the lack of goalkeeper controls. I don’t see an option to jump or perform a front smother save, for example. It seems like much of it is CPU controlled, whereas in EA’s Be a Pro for goalies in the NHL, there are all sorts of controls at your disposal.

So has it always been like this, or is there a way to make this more fun? St. Louis getting a team was the main reason I bought this game, but I also wanted to see what being a goalkeeper was like in it, and so far, I’m very disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2023, 02:41 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Be a Pro goalkeeper — there’s gotta be more than this

It’s always been like this. Be a player is actually half decent in fifa/fc but you have to play outfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »