Home

NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvements

This is a discussion on NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvements within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvements

This topic echoes Daczar's last video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F1bEDeZbik

Hello everyone, I propose a topic that addresses all issues related to coach settings, as well as a series of improvement ideas. I hope this topic becomes active, meaning that you will also report problems and suggest improvements.

Why create a topic instead of just posting messages in the glitches section?

Simply because many bugs have persisted for years and have been reported, but no improvements have been made. Every year, I observe that the myPlayer community, which is more visible and vocal, is favored at the expense of the simulation-focused community. However, this older community has greatly contributed to the success of NBA 2K and has been waiting for a clear, understandable, and bug-free coaching system for 2 to 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Post Re: NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvemen

Regarding the bugs, I would like to draw your attention to the lack of communication and synchronization between menus. To illustrate this, I have created table.
  • I've labeled the coach menu available from a timeout as "Coach Emphasis."
  • The "pause menu" corresponds to the defensive and offensive settings accessible from the pause menu.
  • OTFC refers to the menu accessible from the controller pad.

During my tests, ACE was active, while offensive and defensive playcalling was deactivated, as recommended by DaCazar in his latest video.

Here are the tables that represent the synchronization between these menus. "Y" indicates synchronization, "X" means a strategy is not available, and "N" indicates no synchronization.

To summarize these tables, which may not be easy to understand at first glance:
  • The offensive strategy "Run Pick and Roll" cannot be activated from the pause menu, which is a major bug, as it's the only strategy that doesn't work from this menu. To activate it, you must go through the OTFC menu.
  • Offensive settings activated from the pause menu synchronize with the OTFC, except for the "Pick and Roll." However, it's impossible to synchronize the pause menu if you activate a strategy through the OTFC.
  • No offensive strategy is accessible from the Coach Emphasis menu (although it was in the past).
  • There are three missing defensive strategies in the pause menu, which is quite surprising, and two strategies have different names. This is the kind of bug that should be relatively easy to fix.

I really hope that certain bugs are patched quickly because this has been going on for several years...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (70.1 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.1 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (66.8 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (115.0 KB, 258 views)
Old 09-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvemen

Other bugs that have been present for several years....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBA 2K24_20230925223349.jpg (155.5 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg NBA 2K24_20230925223347.jpg (172.0 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg NBA 2K24_20230925220051.jpg (155.3 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (155.6 KB, 260 views)
Old 09-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: NBA2k24 Offensive and Defensive Settings: All Bugs to Fix and Expected Improvemen

As for improvement suggestions:
  • It would be greatly appreciated if we could finally save our offensive and defensive settings for use in any game mode. I believe that NBA 2K is the only game where you can't save your settings, and it's frustrating to have to go back to the pause menu every time to make changes, such as selecting your preferred strategies.
  • It would also be beneficial to have access to the OTFC during cinematics and halftime. I've been waiting for this for years, and I wonder why we still can't make tactical changes during halftime.
  • Some may argue that this is already possible from the pause menu, but I think it would be better to change our strategies while remaining in the game to maintain immersion. While Shaq comments on your halftime, you could make your adjustments.
I hope these corrections are helpful.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:05 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

1. Leave them off ball defense setting doesn't work.
2. Pre rotate defensive setting doesn't work.
3. Ice setting while defending the pnr doesn't work.
4. Hard Hedge doesn't worm as explained.
5 soft hedge doesn't work as explained.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2023, 05:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
1. Leave them off ball defense setting doesn't work.
2. Pre rotate defensive setting doesn't work.
3. Ice setting while defending the pnr doesn't work.
4. Hard Hedge doesn't worm as explained.
5 soft hedge doesn't work as explained.

Thanks alabamarob
Old 10-10-2023, 05:53 PM   #7
Rookie

It is impossible to activate the 'pick and roll' strategy through the pause menu...

Old 10-10-2023, 06:20 PM   #8
Rookie

In the older NBA2k games, we could change our offensive strategy in the 'coach emphasis' menu and stay in the game's atmosphere. The pause menu is lame... it takes us out of the immersion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »