Home

Shot timing after latest patch

This is a discussion on Shot timing after latest patch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2023, 04:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shot timing after latest patch

Anyone else find shooting faster and hard to time, wide open shots feel like contested shots and contested shots are simply impossible to time now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2023, 05:10 PM   #2
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Re: Shot timing after latest patch

yeah it seems they broke it.

I'll give it some time to adjust.

But it seems like they broke shot timing, offline MYGM.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

I have also had it happen. I was playing a MyNBA Lite game as the Magic using Franz Wagner. I noticed it a lot on his mid range shots with little to no coverage. I haven't noticed it as much with other players, but it is noticeably more sped up with Wagner.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Im noticing it on every raptor player but seems the fadeaways are untouched. Im trying to figure out if its the shooting animation itself that got quicker? Maybe it'll help with the quick closeouts, just kind of difficult to adjust now after memorizing all my releases for over 50hrs now lol. Aside from that i think it plays fine. Seen a bug twice though when the cpu does not inbound the ball, hopefully it's not common.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:00 AM   #5
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

I ended up changing my shot entirely and changing the shot release from push, which I was on, to jump. The contest issue still exists and you can see it in training - closing down jumpshots would end up turning a green to a brick after you've released the ball and that's immensely annoying since it's literally not something I have any control over, but at least I'm not, at least in game, going 2-20 on jumpshots and also, layup timing seems more or less fixed back to the imperfect but probably intended state it was in before. I've seen the inbound bug before, so I can't be sure if it's a new bug or the old bug getting triggered somewhere new via the old mechanism under the hood. It used to happen occasionally in blowouts and now I had it trigger randomly on poster dunks in non-blowouts, but all in all I have a sample size of 5 so jury's out for me at least.

They haven't quite fixed the contest issue in my view, it's more of a... compromise? Not a term of art mind you, but I just want to hoop after work a bit and not brick all my shots for no good reason all of a sudden. The irony is that I do a lot of debugging already since my work involves writing a fair bit of code and that ends more debugging than coding to begin with, and if I'm also doing that not on the clock, it feels like debugging is basically 80% of what I do in one form or another every day and it has taken on a kafkaesque quality at this point, and the bug pun is entirely intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »