Home

Custom Coach/Playbook Help For Relocation League

This is a discussion on Custom Coach/Playbook Help For Relocation League within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2023, 12:32 AM   #1
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Coach/Playbook Help For Relocation League

*I moved this thread over here as maybe this was the more appropriate sub-forum to put it in? Apologies to the admins*

If you're reading this, I hope you could be of some help!

Despite Madden being Madden, I'm happy to know that we can essentially create an entirely new league. While I'm not crazy about the removed teams and lack of more US cities, I don't want to dwell on it. When EA gives ya lemons, I suppose..

Right now I'm currently trying to map out an alternate league for a long term save. While working out the specifics on divisions, I opted to maybe utilize real coaches, specifically from the XFL/USFL and prospect college coaches.

I'm on the PS5. There's a file I found where the user removed all "superstar" players and kept the highest overall 80 (there's one for 85 also), which was the manifest of my idea on how I wanted to approach building this league.
PS5
User: KillKaySTG
File Name: 80Overall

In lieu of beginning this 32-team User task, I figured why not just create new coaches for all the teams. By doing this, it'll make the league even more fresh/new plus add to the coaching pool. Part of me thinks maybe this is where I bit off more than I can chew because while finding candidates to fill out the league, I wanted to establish them with their own "identity", as much as I can with the nerfing of coach creating too, I digress.

However, I thought if making the best of this creation issue is to shuffle/change playbooks around, this can be really something that pushes this league into different results.
What I want to ask is, if someone could please input/help/plug, playbooks to coaches? I'm not too savvy on who may run what and some of my research has me in circles, so I opted to reach out on this forum. I'm looking for playbooks that are *closeenough* to what we are given in the game.

For example, I currently have these coaches created in a file:

Mike Riley (New Jersey Generals HC)
Offense: SF
Defense: BUF

Brian Hartline (Ohio State OC)
Offense: DET
Defense: SF

Liam Coen (Kentucky OC)
Offense: LAR
Defense: MIN

Ja'Juan Seider (Penn State, co-OC, RB Coach)
Offense: CAR
Defense: CHI

Byron Leftwich (OC, FA)
Offense: TB
Defense: ARI

Jim Harbaugh (Michigan Wolverines HC)
Offense: BAL
Defense: BAL
(He's the only one I kept with the same playbooks because "J. Harbaugh" haha)

Or another way I thought of approaching it if a coach isn't defined by what he runs, but what the college runs. What playbooks are closer to Penn State, Clemson, Oregon, Miami, etc?

So, that's kinda what I got done so far, and outside of adding a guy like Deion Sanders in here, I grabbed names from a "20 College Football Assis. That Administrators Are High On Head Coaching" article.

Again, I'm open to throwing anything and everything but I thought this could be a good base to start and also starting this thread as a source for others who may want to do the same thing in their game this year.

This would be a great help. Hope to hear from some of you! Thank you taking the time to read.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »