Home

Players stuck on IR

This is a discussion on Players stuck on IR within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2023, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Players stuck on IR

Starting a franchise with real life roster and so many players are on IR with short term injuries and do not have the return designation.

Any way work around for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 09:21 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Players stuck on IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli_to_Cruz1080
Starting a franchise with real life roster and so many players are on IR with short term injuries and do not have the return designation.

Can only remove after 8 weeks I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 09-19-2023, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0
Players stuck on IR

Quote:

You can also turn pre existing injuries off, if you don’t want to start with a bunch injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SportsGamer89; 09-20-2023 at 05:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2023, 03:41 AM   #4
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:

Generally, the workaround is to start your franchise without using pre-existing injuries.

Typically in Madden roster updates / franchise start points, any players with pre-existing injuries of any significant length either get automatically placed on Injured Reserve by the CPU roster management logic during franchise start-up or placed on IR in the roster file by EA Sports before you even start the franchise. In either case, each player is placed on IR as if they were IR'd during the preseason.

Per NFL rules, any player who is placed on IR during preseason may not come off of IR until the start of the next league year (in Madden, this is the offseason).
Old 09-20-2023, 04:40 PM   #5
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Generally, the workaround is to start your franchise without using pre-existing injuries.

Typically in Madden roster updates / franchise start points, any players with pre-existing injuries of any significant length either get automatically placed on Injured Reserve by the CPU roster management logic during franchise start-up or placed on IR in the roster file by EA Sports before you even start the franchise. In either case, each player is placed on IR as if they were IR'd during the preseason.

Per NFL rules, any player who is placed on IR during preseason may not come off of IR until the start of the next league year (in Madden, this is the offseason).
So is short term IR in the game this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 04:43 PM   #6
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
So is short term IR in the game this year?

You can put a player on IR and remove them after 8 weeks of being on it.

Old 09-23-2023, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie

The issue im having is when a player's injury is over, that player still cannot play in the game. The injury report says "Uninjured" and length at 0 weeks, but the player is missing from the depth chart. Go into the game, and go to medical and the player is still listed but with injury type and length both blank, and when you select the player in game it says "The player's injury is too serious"

This is in franchise mode. I selected the other team and they had like 5 guys with the same scenario. Injury type and length is just blank on all of them... I can't be the only one this is happening to, i checked over the forums and didnt see anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230923_083027_resized.jpg (96.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 20230923_083116_resized.jpg (114.4 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-23-2023, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewbarricade
The issue im having is when a player's injury is over, that player still cannot play in the game. The injury report says "Uninjured" and length at 0 weeks, but the player is missing from the depth chart. Go into the game, and go to medical and the player is still listed but with injury type and length both blank, and when you select the player in game it says "The player's injury is too serious"

This is in franchise mode. I selected the other team and they had like 5 guys with the same scenario. Injury type and length is just blank on all of them... I can't be the only one this is happening to, i checked over the forums and didnt see anything.

Because the 8 week wait isn’t up yet. Wether he is still injured or not he can’t come off of IR until 8 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »