Home

Can someone help with ratings/attributes for players on my all time teams on Madden23

This is a discussion on Can someone help with ratings/attributes for players on my all time teams on Madden23 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2023, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can someone help with ratings/attributes for players on my all time teams on Madden23

Are there any pro football historians out there who are good at calculating ratings and coming up with attributes for players who would be willing to help me with the ratings and attributes for my all-time teams for Madden 23? The rosters for my all-time teams are probably the most comprehensive rosters anyone has ever created. For instance I have 165 players on my all-time Detroit Lions roster. I've got players going all the way back to the early 1930's when they were the Portsmouth Spartans. I know the limit is 75 players. Whoever doesn't make the cut I'm just going to make a free agent. I'm not going to have the same players on more than one team. For example Tom Brady is just going to be on the Patriots and Peyton Manning is just going to be on the Colts, because that's where their greatest successes were. I would like to base the players ratings on specific seasons. For example I have Barry Sanders set at 6 years experience so I want to base his ratings on what he did in the 1994 season. My rosters will be on spreadsheets on Google Sheets with columns for the ratings and attributes. If anyone can help me then please e-mail me at [email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2024, 01:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can someone help with ratings/attributes for players on my all time teams on Madd

interestingly ive been trying to do the same thing as well i have a few ideas that may make it easier and more practical without sacrificing legitimacy my idea is decide who you want on each teams all time teams with a minimum at each position prob 2qbs 3 hbs 4wrs 2tes 4ot 4og 2c 4de 3dt 4olb 2mlb 4cb 4s 1k 1p and max out each roster at 53 players. as your going through it write a 1-100 rating for how deserving a player is to be on this all time roster eg tom brady is 100 on ne and joe flacco may only be a 44 for bal id also recommend going by era on what you already know like players from 2020s first then all 2010s ect and within each decade id recommend going position by position and all players that have a legit chance to end up on the all time team giving them ratings what ear they are from color of skin height weight and this way when you are done you have everything in front of you

also how serious are you about this how much knowledge of football do you have and how much time can/will you give to this project because its a LARGE undertaking
Old 06-18-2024, 12:19 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Can someone help with ratings/attributes for players on my all time teams on Madd

Pretty much every franchise has done an 'anniversary' team at some point. I would use those as a guide.

I think the Texans are the only team not at least 25 years old, and that is coming up very soon.

No point in having full 75 man rosters. You'll never get that many guys on the field. Remember, only 48 players dress on gameday. That number was even lower as you go back in time.

Check out the NFL 100 team. Make sure those guys are included. Make sure every HOFr is represented.

Ratings are tough. Players today are bigger, stronger, faster. You can find combine ratings for alot of guys from the 90s on. Not so much for Butkus, Nitchke, Hutson, Jim Brown.. ect. You're going to have to come up with your own system.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Pretty much every franchise has done an 'anniversary' team at some point. I would use those as a guide.

I think the Texans are the only team not at least 25 years old, and that is coming up very soon.

No point in having full 75 man rosters. You'll never get that many guys on the field. Remember, only 48 players dress on gameday. That number was even lower as you go back in time.

Check out the NFL 100 team. Make sure those guys are included. Make sure every HOFr is represented.

Ratings are tough. Players today are bigger, stronger, faster. You can find combine ratings for alot of guys from the 90s on. Not so much for Butkus, Nitchke, Hutson, Jim Brown.. ect. You're going to have to come up with your own system.
thank you for the response i kinda have a system just looking for a template to make things much easier aand perhaps others who are passionate to collab on this project and maybe old time nfl fans for reference as well

Last edited by johnjason819; 06-20-2024 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Pro Football Reference came up with a metric; AV (approximate value)

It has a season rating and a career total for players. Might be worth consideration?

They also have a HOF Monitor, but I can't say I've reviewed much of it.

.. probably more objective than fans. We all pick our favorites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2024, 03:52 AM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

It's not exhaustive, but this guy (https://maddenratings.weebly.com/) is archiving player ratings from older Madden and NCAA titles which you can use as a base. Naturally most of these are limited to like the top 10 guys, but that's all you'd need for an all-time team.
Old 07-02-2024, 11:51 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I would suggest Randy Moss and Deion Sanders at 99 speed and everyone else (or nearly everyone else) below that. Chris Johnson too. Maybe put Darrel Green up there, but I don't think he was quite at that level. He had a reputation for being very fast but I think his 40 was not in the same league as Moss, Sanders and Johnson.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »