Home

UFC 5 Gameplay Trailer Breakdown

This is a discussion on UFC 5 Gameplay Trailer Breakdown within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2023, 05:12 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

So I found out a lot more things we missed in this trailer, it's a long read so buckle up.

I forgot how to add videos through here, so I'll just link the trailer so you guys can keep up with the timestamps.

https://youtu.be/pGT2HGue-Hc?si=Y8et5PvUyslsqDyl

Timestamps Below:

0:02 GAMEPLAY NOT FINAL. REPRESENTS A GAME IN DEVELOPMENT.

0:07 Ferguson vs Chandler clip - Ragdoll Physics Based KO's follow momentum now similar to UFC 2.

0:08 Josh Emmett clip - New Finish The Fight positions? Notice he turns on his side. GNP looks impactful as well, punches have that oomph now. Slow the clip down to 0.25 speed and pay attention to when the strike hits the block. Huge difference from past UFC games.

0:11 Another Ragdoll KO.

0:21 Izzy is right outside the tunnel entrance, which shows much improved presentation! Also looks like he might have a signature entrance now. Pereira has his signature bow so maybe more fighters will have unique entrances now?

0:36 MUCH IMPROVED PRESENTATION.

0:46-0:52 More Ragdoll KO's.

0:53 The blood looks insane.

0:57-1:00 The bruising on Justin Gaethje looks incredible. Notice how the forehead swells up. Possible hematomas?

1:02 A lot of blood smears on the face.

1:04-1:07 Nunes vs Peña clip... yes, I know and I'm also pretty sure everyone knows, that the gameplay they showed was not the greatest thing ever. They should've showed it off with players that could've made the game more visually pleasing to watch, and perhaps showed off more of the new animations they added BUT.. it is what it is - Punches follow through on impact now. Some new animations as well. Like Jay MMA pointed out, it looks more immersive while fighting in the arena now.

1:08-1:10 Punches have FOLLOW THROUGH. Now I don't recall if UFC 4 had any follow through at all in regards to punching, but this just looks good. Also lots of sweat, blood and spit? Attention to detail is pretty damn good.

1:11 Vera vs Munhoz clip - The first hook thrown has noticeable follow through.

1:14 Chito's jab also has noticable follow through. It doesn't stop short like in UFC 4.

1:15 New hook animation.

1:16 Power hook? Or just a different animation?

1:23 Poirier vs McGregor clip - Martial Mind actually pointed this one out. McGregor looks like he is going for a kick of his own but gets caught first.

1:27 Poirier's new model looks clean, and the lead body hook looks different.

1:28-1:33 Strikes look much more physics based!

1:37-1:38 Covington vs Edwards clip - This is a big one that I haven't heard anyone talk about. The elbow that Covington lands looks like it's thrown from full guard. Not postured up full guard, but full guard closed full guard. I'm getting UD3 vibes from this one. Considering they've said GNP is seamless now along with submissions. This looks great and I honestly have no idea why nobody's talking about it. Moving on.

1:39-1:48 The doctor checks look amazing.

1:50-1:55 Jones vs Miocic clip - The blood on the mat looks great, and most punches thrown have follow through as well.

1:57-2:01 Doctor stoppages look beautiful. Very good camera angles which add to the immersion.

2:02-2:22 Oliveira vs Makhachev clip - Honestly... I was completely blown away by this clip. I'm still trying to figure out how the new grappling is going to work. Seems like it's all about timing now, and beating your opponent's counters. For this clip and all the gameplay clips really, you need to watch them in slow mo to really find out what's going on. Grappling animations look gorgeous even in slow mo. Also noticed there's a submission bar now, wondering if the person going for the sub has to keep transitioning to a sub attempt to complete the sub? Or is it more about making the right decision at the right time? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it but this looks amazing. Also when Oliveira goes for the kimura in the last part of the clip, the grappling HUD shows "Knee On Belly." So GNP really is seamless from the looks of it.

2:23-2:28 Ferguson vs Burns clip - Idk if this is the same model for Gilbert or an Alter Ego perhaps? We shall find out. Regardless hope they keep fighters up to date.
So when Burns counters Ferguson with his own submission, I noticed the grappling HUD blink as if the Burns player reversed Ferguson. So could this mean there are submission reversals? Also Burns has a Back Sitting transition from the Armbar, which is very interesting. One last thing for this clip, which Romero XVII pointed out, is that Ferguson doesn't tap, he wants to tap but doesn't. Also if you pay attention to Ferguson's submission bar it's not all the way depleted unlike the Diakese clip where he tapped right away... very interesting... and Ferguson's face is very red when getting subbed, really good attention to detail.

2:33-2:50 More Physics Based Ragdoll KO's and they look amazing. New Weili model and new Gaethje model?

2:51-2:53 GNP has physics with ref interactions, and fighters can keep punching until the ref comes in. Idk why no one is talking about this.

2:53-2:54 Dillashaw vs Cejudo clip - That's a new camera angle for Finish The Fight. UFC 4 had the camera close up above the fighters, this camera angle looks more like a broadcast presentation and kind of reminds me of UFC 3. Which is a great thing imo!

2:54-2:56 Confirmation of punches having physics upon ref interactions.

That's pretty much all I could find, but I'm pretty sure there's more. The last part of the video shows some more beautiful Ragdoll KO's. Honestly I'm still excited af for this game, I wish the standup was a bit different in regards of movement, as in more foot planting and less sliding, but maybe that can get updated upon release or through updates? Well that's all I could find guys, this took a bit to type out so if you read till the end I truly appreciate you for taking the time to read and y'all the GOATS fr. Thank you! Oh and Brandon Moreno's new model looks clean af.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 09-17-2023 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2023, 11:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: UFC 5 Gameplay Trailer Breakdown

Just to save time for anyone else who comes into this thread, basically everything looks amazing ./thread
Old 09-18-2023, 12:04 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Just to save time for anyone else who comes into this thread, basically everything looks amazing ./thread
Just because I choose to not focus on the negative parts of this game doesn't mean that I think everything is amazing or it's the perfect game. It has things I'm not a fan of like the locomotion with moving strikes, I wish they would've improved on that. Herb Dean being the same size as flyweights, and so forth. I got stuff I'm critical about, but I'm not talking about it because everyone already talked about it.
Old 09-18-2023, 01:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Hematomas are definitely in. Check Joanna’s head during the clips with Zhang Weili!
Old 09-18-2023, 02:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Just because I choose to not focus on the negative parts of this game doesn't mean that I think everything is amazing or it's the perfect game. It has things I'm not a fan of like the locomotion with moving strikes, I wish they would've improved on that. Herb Dean being the same size as flyweights, and so forth. I got stuff I'm critical about, but I'm not talking about it because everyone already talked about it.
but u literally said its amazing to every single one of your points... so was i wrong with what i said? Basically the trailer was amazing to u aside from the few things you didnt like, like the locomotion of strikes. No one told you that you cant be positive or otherwise, i just said what u said over and over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2023, 05:26 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
but u literally said its amazing to every single one of your points... so was i wrong with what i said? Basically the trailer was amazing to u aside from the few things you didnt like, like the locomotion of strikes. No one told you that you cant be positive or otherwise, i just said what u said over and over again.
Lmao no I did not, I know what I said. Did I say some things were amazing? Or I was blown away with the ground game? Yessir, but I did not say "everything" was amazing. Regardless, it's a breakdown of the things I liked in the trailer, or that I found interesting that I'm sure people didn't catch, not of the things I disliked lmao. I have a feeling that if I would've made a thread talking about the things I hate about it, you probably would've liked my post and would've agreed lol. But hey, you don't have to agree with me, and if you don't like the game you don't have to buy it you know?
Old 09-18-2023, 05:33 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinthemichael
Hematomas are definitely in. Check Joanna’s head during the clips with Zhang Weili!
Yoo!! I actually didn't catch that! Great find bro!
Old 09-18-2023, 05:38 AM   #8
MVP

as much im disappointed with this game, u made a good job showing the good things... unfortunally its just suco a low progress for 4 games and 3 years in developtment

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »