Home

How does the difficulty compare to last year and years past?

This is a discussion on How does the difficulty compare to last year and years past? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2023, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How does the difficulty compare to last year and years past?

Just curious as to what people think. In 2K22 and years before that I would play on Superstar and I'd usually blow teams out with the occasional close game and loss. But I at least liked how the shooting was it felt right on Superstar. Last year I had to play on Pro. Not bc I couldn't win games, but I just liked the shooting and spacing on Pro. Kind of wondering how it compares this year. If Pro is any easier I'm going to have to go to All-Star or Superstar again. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How does the difficulty compare to last year and years past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
Just curious as to what people think. In 2K22 and years before that I would play on Superstar and I'd usually blow teams out with the occasional close game and loss. But I at least liked how the shooting was it felt right on Superstar. Last year I had to play on Pro. Not bc I couldn't win games, but I just liked the shooting and spacing on Pro. Kind of wondering how it compares this year. If Pro is any easier I'm going to have to go to All-Star or Superstar again. Thanks
I jumped right in on Superstar. CPU shoots better in 24 than 23 so I would say their difficulty is upped shooting wise. CPU makes better decisions with shots than 23 due to ProPLAY and updated AI. User shooting to me is dependent on skill but the CPU on some of the plays off-ball sometimes get around the picks too well.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

i usually play on superstar as well, only changing the shot timing slider (so i can score a jumpshot sometimes). Last year i struggled as the cpu was sometimes too cheated, but i still managed to win 50 or 60% games.

This year is a JOKE. The CPU is on steroids and fly everywhere. They stick like glue and you can't even outrun a center. Their screens are ridiculously efficient compared to the users on which they just glide through. Shooting wise, it's still as horrible as last year (even worse with the layup jauge, where you have to know each animation...)

I enjoy a challenge but this is bulls***... to win you have to exploit games where the cpu acts weird.No point. I'm gonna ask for a refund.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:58 PM   #4
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoS2411
i usually play on superstar as well, only changing the shot timing slider (so i can score a jumpshot sometimes). Last year i struggled as the cpu was sometimes too cheated, but i still managed to win 50 or 60% games.

This year is a JOKE. The CPU is on steroids and fly everywhere. They stick like glue and you can't even outrun a center. Their screens are ridiculously efficient compared to the users on which they just glide through. Shooting wise, it's still as horrible as last year (even worse with the layup jauge, where you have to know each animation...)

I enjoy a challenge but this is bulls***... to win you have to exploit games where the cpu acts weird.No point. I'm gonna ask for a refund.
Lowering both "Jump Shot Defense Strength" sliders makes a world of difference in how the the game interprets what constitutes a well defended shot, even by only 5 points (Its 50 by default on Superstar, which as it stands now is way too high). You can do the same for the layup versions of the slider and it works wonders as well. You can experiment with setting it to 0 to test, which in turn will categorize every shot you take as a "Wide Open" one and then keep raising it until you feel comfortable.

For me it has made even a bigger difference than messing with other shooting sliders as it gives me a better chance to have a bigger window to nail a perfect release. With the default Superstar value the game interprets a lot of the shots you'll take as "Smothered" even though the defender barely challenged and sometimes isn't really that close to the shooter. It really makes hitting jumpshots incredibly difficult at 50, specially if you're like me who can at times struggle with the timing badly. This change has definitely made Superstar a lot of fun as I enjoy how the AI plays on offense and how they defend on this level moreso than the others.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:15 PM   #5
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Shot timing no longer impacts AI shots, so they're going to more consistently be a threat unlike previous years.

In general I feel like Superstar and HOF are overly sticky/strict and plays less like real basketball. All-Star feels like a nice middle ground in terms of reasonable reaction times by the AI, but some users may need more of a challenge by adjusting sliders a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

The CPU shoots well, even on Rookie, which I think is a good thing. It forces the user to actually engage defensively and contest shots instead of just hoping the CPU misses.

For me right now, All-Star is the sweet spot. I get a good challenge while also feeling like things aren't being taken away from me just to make the CPU competitive.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Right now, without any slider adjustments Pro feels good to me. 3 point shooting is a little too easy for me but I should be able to adjust that to make it a bit more of a challenge.

The cpu plays pretty much the same offensively on Pro as it does on All-Star. Defense got a bit too sticky and the cpu's rotations and contests were a bit overboard after the 9/9 update/patch. All-Star was pretty solid on release day.

I've played on Superstar or All-Star every year but Pro feels better to me this year. I found myself reverting to bad basketball to win games on All-Star this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »