Home

Paint Defense In 24 Is Still Bad

This is a discussion on Paint Defense In 24 Is Still Bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2023, 12:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OfficialQbN's Arena

OVR: 0
Paint Defense In 24 Still Needs Tweaking

Before anyone says anything keep in mind the following, the game registers his layup as WIDE OPEN against my 88 interior, 92 block, and gold anchor

And the best part is because of how overpowered whistle is, if I try to clobber him its an automatic foul.

https://twitter.com/QuickButNeat/sta...17513053450281

Member Of OS Since 2013 (Formerly QB1N)

Last edited by OfficialQbN; 09-14-2023 at 08:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2023, 01:39 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: Paint Defense In 24 Is Still Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialQbN
Before anyone says anything keep in mind the following, the game registers his layup as WIDE OPEN against my 88 interior, 92 block, and gold anchor

And the best part is because of how overpowered whistle is, if I try to clobber him its an automatic foul.

https://twitter.com/QuickButNeat/sta...17513053450281

Not gonna lie but ive seen those go in with a 100% contest.

Granted ive got an 80 block with 80 interior and bronze anchor but still ….

Them scoop and floater badges with slithery and giant slayer make them almost impossible to block and most of the time barely count as a contest.

One of the courts has a MR Maybe dude.

Him and his 2 buddies make the craziest layups .

Had to get two others C to clog the paint to even remotely have a shot at stopping them from scoring.

Quite frankly ive seen guys with shooting takeover pull up from half court and hit shots so i think most of offense is OP at the moment

Well post scorers already got a nerf.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2023, 08:33 AM   #3
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I'm not really an online player, but do people want absolutely zero randomness/variance? In basketball, even the best players get taken advantage of sometimes. This is still a game and the contest logic and general mechanics of the game cannot and likely will never be perfect.

If you feel you got shortchanged in this, I'm sure there have been other plays where others felt shortchanged on a play you made. I think it'd be far more helpful to show a longer video with several plays of this happening.

That said, it has been really clear to me that 2K needs significantly different tuning for the different sides (online/offline) of the game.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

This is ridiculous, just one action for complaining about the game and the defense. Ok, hoping for a better defense on 2K25…
Old 09-10-2023, 10:42 AM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I gotta respectfully disagree here. I was never a fan of badges like intimidator or rim protector, because I thought they always bailed out bad defensive positioning. Seems like the offensive player would miss shots cause they were deathly afraid of said defenders with those badges/ interior defense attributes.

I've always been a packline D guy, manually pre rotating my guys to be in paint help to stop drives, especially if I know my on ball perimeter defender doesn't have clamps.

My issue comes from how stupidly easy they bail out open jumpers/leaners. I know it's pick your poison, but there's no way I should be having a close game vs someone who has 0 inside game, and the paint scoring differential is 40-12 or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2023, 10:45 AM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I gotta respectfully disagree here. I was never a fan of badges like intimidator or rim protector, because I thought they always bailed out bad defensive positioning. Seems like the offensive player would miss shots cause they were deathly afraid of said defenders with those badges/ interior defense attributes.

I've always been a packline D guy, manually pre rotating my guys to be in paint help to stop drives, especially if I know my on ball perimeter defender doesn't have clamps.

My issue comes from how stupidly easy they bail out open jumpers/leaners. I know it's pick your poison, but there's no way I should be having a close game vs someone who has 0 inside game, and the paint scoring differential is 40-12 or something.
Me to. Ever since leave them and the pre rotate options stopped working you have to manually pack the paint. I see no problem with tough layups going in. There has to variance

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-10-2023, 11:07 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Nah man, lol

I have similar stats. 88 interior 93 block Gold anchor Immovable enforcer silver

Things like what happened in your video are going to happen occasionally, but interior defense is much more solid than it was last year. Feels good to shut it down in the paint after last year with all the limitless takeoff and quick drops

Hoping it stays this way after people start getting badges..
Old 09-10-2023, 12:56 PM   #8
Pro

Playing offline I’m seeing a lot of great inside contests and people honestly missing shots inside that they maybe should be scoring.

Not disagreeing or agreeing just hoping that whatever changes are made will be made within the context of where they are needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »