Home

Mmajunkie interview

This is a discussion on Mmajunkie interview within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2023, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mmajunkie interview

Tons of great info here. Much better than one of the other interview.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists...ed-submissions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 02:15 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Mmajunkie interview

SIM MODE ONLINE!!! 😁
Old 09-08-2023, 04:10 AM   #3
Rookie

I was prepared to be massively dissapointed after the first trailer and info...

But so far I have not read anything that i disliked, this is going to be the best mma game hands down.. Now we just need a gameplay trailer to confirm everything... I haven't read a negative preview article yet however these were hands off previews ofc..

With 600 new submission animations and seamless transitions the ground game will be alot better for sure, the stand up will be much better also due to the fact of native 60fps alone..
Old 09-08-2023, 04:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny
I was prepared to be massively dissapointed after the first trailer and info...

But so far I have not read anything that i disliked, this is going to be the best mma game hands down.. Now we just need a gameplay trailer to confirm everything... I haven't read a negative preview article yet however these were hands off previews ofc..

With 600 new submission animations and seamless transitions the ground game will be alot better for sure, the stand up will be much better also due to the fact of native 60fps alone..
For me on the contrary I've read dozens of things i disliked. Where did they mention "600 new submission animations"? Seeing the interviews that guy Raman avoided dozens of questions. Got asked about clinch, didn't answer it thoroughly. Got asked about the grappling as a whole and his whole selling point is frostbite engine (been around for over a decade), 60 fps and damage system which is laughable. 60fps is not a feature, it's a given for this current hardware. Even the career mode seems to have miniscule updates.

Last edited by TGOne; 09-08-2023 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
For me on the contrary I've read dozens of things i disliked. Where does it say "600 new submission animations"? Even in this interview that guy Hassan avoided dozens of questions. Got asked about clinch, didn't answer it thoroughly. Got asked about the grappling as a whole and his whole selling point is frostbite engine, 60 fps and damage system which is laughable. 60fps is not a feature, it's a given for this current hardware.
I read it in one of the preview articles, can't remember which site.

About the clinching and grappling, they might want to show everything in the gameplay videos and not straight after the reveal trailer.. They have made tons of changes in the grappling department, clinch is a bit unknown, still have to see it. We will find out soon enough

Ofc frostbite is one of the selling points.. presentation , visuals and animation all adds up to a more immersive experience which was lacking in the previous game. They really needed to address this and they did. Seamless grappling without hud sounds really good to me and a big improvement.

Last edited by Sirsunny; 09-08-2023 at 04:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 06:16 PM   #6
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
For me on the contrary I've read dozens of things i disliked. Where did they mention "600 new submission animations"? Seeing the interviews that guy Raman avoided dozens of questions. Got asked about clinch, didn't answer it thoroughly. Got asked about the grappling as a whole and his whole selling point is frostbite engine (been around for over a decade), 60 fps and damage system which is laughable. 60fps is not a feature, it's a given for this current hardware. Even the career mode seems to have miniscule updates.
EA is touting over 600 new animations and faster transitions between them, which will allow for a faster-paced submission system. It's EA's hope that this will allow players to focus on the fight itself rather than focus on HUD-based mini-games system that reduces any sense of immersion. Having said that, button prompts are still noticeable on-screen, as the EA team showed off an example submission exchange where players were prompted to move the analog sticks in certain directions to apply specific chokes.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/13...-first-preview

But yeah, obviously also remain skeptical. Developers are great at selling their game. We'll have to see actual gameplay to make any conclusion at all.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:27 AM   #7
Pro

So far the reveals have tempered my light enthousiasm a bit.

Career mode seems largely unchanged. They added a new venue or two. Apparently they got feedback that it eventually gets boring and readded simulations. How about making it more interesting instead? There was some care put into the first few hours and it looks like they just expand on that and leave the endgame.

New animations is the thing that excites me the most.

In typical EA fashion it seems they just brought back several elements they axed first. Let us hope the clinch is a part of that too... So not really hyped but I'll most likely preorder it anyway.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
So far the reveals have tempered my light enthousiasm a bit.

Career mode seems largely unchanged. They added a new venue or two. Apparently they got feedback that it eventually gets boring and readded simulations. How about making it more interesting instead? There was some care put into the first few hours and it looks like they just expand on that and leave the endgame.

New animations is the thing that excites me the most.

In typical EA fashion it seems they just brought back several elements they axed first. Let us hope the clinch is a part of that too... So not really hyped but I'll most likely preorder it anyway.
Study the game first before purchase, if you realize the game is still a disappointment then just don't buy it, vote with the wallet. This is one of the main problems with the modern gaming community. If people keep buying a product then complain about it, then why would the company have any incentive to make major improvements? They would keep with the same miniscule approach. Next time they would extend it with 4 years even.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »