Home

CPU playcalling in Franchise

This is a discussion on CPU playcalling in Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2023, 08:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CPU playcalling in Franchise

I am hoping someone has advice/solution
I play 15 min quarters with accelerated clock at 13 seconds

In my first 3 franchise games the CPU has throw 51/38/58 passes with 12-20 runs mixed in. In the 58 pass game they had thrown 37 in the first half, and I had two long drives or the CPU likely would have hit 60. I am also noticing they have only used their first string RB and not mixed in their backup like in year's past. Is there a clock setting and or slider setting to A) get a better run to pass ratio and B) have them use top 2 RB's like they did in year's past.

Appreciate any tips
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU playcalling in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm110

In my first 3 franchise games the CPU has throw 51/38/58 passes with 12-20 runs mixed in. In the 58 pass game they had thrown 37 in the first half, and I had two long drives or the CPU likely would have hit 60. I am also noticing they have only used their first string RB and not mixed in their backup like in year's past. Is there a clock setting and or slider setting to A) get a better run to pass ratio and B) have them use top 2 RB's like they did in year's past.

Appreciate any tips
The run/pass ration is built into the game plans, aka, the playbooks. These have to be edited and given to the cpu teams prior to each game. It would require 2 controllers. There really isn’t an option to fix this if you are a cpu vs cpu slow sim guy.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm110

Appreciate any tips

Only solution I’ve found is adjusting the CPU playbook in types of plays and rating. Only tried this in Play Now but can get pretty realistic results. I’ve heard there are several steps needed to do this in Franchise to get control to make the playbook stick.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks Guys-- I am not sure whats differen't in 24 vs 23 because in 23 I had more play variety by cpu and they subbed in and out their 1st and 2nd string running back
Old 09-07-2023, 08:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Would I be better off with 10-14 minute quarters and a higher time left on the accelerated clock?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2023, 09:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Which ever approach gives the most fun.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:26 PM   #7
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndBase
Only solution I’ve found is adjusting the CPU playbook in types of plays and rating. Only tried this in Play Now but can get pretty realistic results. I’ve heard there are several steps needed to do this in Franchise to get control to make the playbook stick.
Do you know which playbooks offer more of a balance?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2023, 10:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by metovics8
Do you know which playbooks offer more of a balance?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I’m gonna create a spread sheet this weekend for the community. It will have playbooks and what their run/pass/RPO ratio is based on down and distance. I’ll also group them scheme genre’s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »