Home

Offensive tips

This is a discussion on Offensive tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2023, 08:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offensive tips

Any good YouTube videos or anything you guys wanna share on how to improve on the offensive wife of the ball? I’m tossing way too many interceptions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2023, 12:32 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Offensive tips

Bro I love this question but my answer is gonna be outside the box a little.

My thing is just play it like it’s real football, man.

If you’re not comfortable passing, run. Run a lot.

Coach like your guys are 6th-graders.

Play defense. Play ball-control.

So many guys wanna call plays like they’re Nick Saban or something. And it’s like you gotta dial it down a few notches and just call the game in a way you’re capable of calling it.

Guys want the gameplay to chess-on-grass and yet here ya are chuckin 4 ints in a half, ya know?

I been having this quasi-argument with this fanbase for many years at this point, and all
I’m tryna say is a lot of y’all need to give the game a bit more respect; play it with more deliberation, more methodically. Make ZERO mistakes.

That’s how to get it to play how you want.

.. it’s literally just a video game. Bend it to your will.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzgolf
the offensive wife

You're on your own with the old lady

Anyway, are you playing online or off?

Either way, spend some time learning what the defenses look like pre-snap. By default, Madden does a piss-poor job disguising coverage, so if you know what you're getting before you start then you're halfway there.

Next, focus on personnel. It's a football video game, but fundamentally its still a video game. If you have an average wideout manned up by Sauce Gardner, size and positioning don't really matter. The game will see that as a mismatch numerically, and he'll warp around you for the pick.

Also, don't forget high passes. If there's a guy between you and your target, a high pass helps tremendously. Otherwise the default aims for his numbers, and that lets trailers make a jump on it.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

So many guys wanna call plays like they’re Nick Saban or something. And it’s like you gotta dial it down a few notches and just call the game in a way you’re capable of calling it.

Guys want the gameplay to chess-on-grass and yet here ya are chuckin 4 ints in a half, ya know?

I been having this quasi-argument with this fanbase for many years at this point, and all
I’m tryna say is a lot of y’all need to give the game a bit more respect; play it with more deliberation, more methodically. Make ZERO mistakes.

This is all really good advice. I'm going to add on to it by suggesting that you spend time (a lot of time) in practice mode.

Pick a pass play. Run it against man about 20 times. Run it against cover 2 zone about 20 times. Run it against cover 3 20 times. Run it against cover 4 20 times. Learn who to expect to be open against each coverage. You now have ONE play that you can be effective with. Repeat with another play and build your playbook.

Also, learn how to read pass concepts. It's not realistic to do the above steps for every play in your book. But it is realistic to learn how to read curl flats against every defense, and then you can apply that to every pass play in the book that has a curl flat concept in the play design. Learn the basics of how to read curl flats, flood, yankee, verticals, mills etc. When you do that you learn 20 plays at a time.

For running game, do the tutorial drills, they teach you pretty good how to run each run concept.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzgolf
Any good YouTube videos or anything you guys wanna share on how to improve on the offensive wife of the ball? I’m tossing way too many interceptions
Be your own Youtube video. Set up a stream account with Youtube, and whenever you play or practice, stream it. Then take the time to go back and review it.

Get mad at an INT? Look at it again and I bet it makes more sense than it did live. Didn't see anyone open? Review the play and I bet you find someone open.

I learned a LOT by playing in my CFM and reviewing my games. Going the extra mile, I used to track my plays and their success. I'd find plays that never worked and eventually just removed them from my PB. Then I'd find a play that almost every time I called it was a big play or TD... well, that's good to keep in the back pocket for when I need a play and not just calling it willy nilly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2023, 06:19 PM   #6
Pro

Read the defense. Read the coverage. Put guys in motion. This can help tell if you are facing man coverage or zone coverage.

Take what the defense gives you. A 2 yard gain is better than an incomplete pass. Don't push the ball down the field. Wait for a good matchup, a good situation, to take your shots.

Keep things simple. And mix things up. Don't be predictable.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Check out XandO football on YT
Old 09-05-2023, 01:55 PM   #8
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers

I love this response and its something that I struggle with playing against the cpu, Learning the plays. I have a couple of favorites but they don't always work and now I'm forced to try something different. I will use coach suggestions or try something different on my own, then I throw a few picks, take a few sacks, get frustrated and its back to my money plays which is not how I want to play. Thanks for this advice. I just need to stick it out and be patient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »