Home

Good playbook for Bama-style offense

This is a discussion on Good playbook for Bama-style offense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Good playbook for Bama-style offense

Pretty self-explanatory, but I’m wondering what offensive playbook(s) might be good for replicating what Bama has done in recent years offensively and what Madden schemes might best blend with those books?

Many thanks for any perspective in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2023, 07:21 PM   #2
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Good playbook for Bama-style offense

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure about half the playbooks in Madden would play similar to how Bama currently runs their offense (pro-style spread).

Specifically, you’d probably want to focus on playbooks which have more emphasis on spread shotgun formations and sets with 3+ wide receivers, and in turn fewer under-center multiple-back formations. This would disqualify playbooks assigned to coaches that run offenses developed in the Shanahan or McVay coaching trees, such as those used by the 49ers, Packers, Browns, Vikings, Falcons, Titans, and Rams.

The most obvious pick is probably right in front of our faces: the Patriots. Bill O’Brien is the Pats’ new offensive coordinator for 2023, replacing the departing Josh McDaniels. O’Brien served the same role of offensive coordinator on the Alabama coaching staff in 2021 and 2022. To that same end, the Raiders might also be worth a look.

Depending on if their playbook has been updated to account for the presence of and anticipated changes implemented by former Georgia Bulldogs offensive coordinator Todd Monken, maybe give the Ravens’ playbook a look?
Old 09-01-2023, 07:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure about half the playbooks in Madden would play similar to how Bama currently runs their offense (pro-style spread).

Specifically, you’d probably want to focus on playbooks which have more emphasis on spread shotgun formations and sets with 3+ wide receivers, and in turn fewer under-center multiple-back formations. This would disqualify playbooks assigned to coaches that run offenses developed in the Shanahan or McVay coaching trees, such as those used by the 49ers, Packers, Browns, Vikings, Falcons, Titans, and Rams.

The most obvious pick is probably right in front of our faces: the Patriots. Bill O’Brien is the Pats’ new offensive coordinator for 2023, replacing the departing Josh McDaniels. O’Brien served the same role of offensive coordinator on the Alabama coaching staff in 2021 and 2022. To that same end, the Raiders might also be worth a look.

Depending on if their playbook has been updated to account for the presence of and anticipated changes implemented by former Georgia Bulldogs offensive coordinator Todd Monken, maybe give the Ravens’ playbook a look?
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking: more gun runs & less under center, more quick game passing, some good RPO alert stuff, and I do think a lot of PB could fit that if they go more 11 or 12 personnel.

I considered the NE book itself, but the NE tree remains really vertical and seems to have lots of formations and plays that haven’t changed much in the last few years.

That’s not really a bad thing, just an observation.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:42 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I think Bama is a relatively standard RPO offense mixed with pretty standard pro-style concepts. Lots of trips formations as well if I recall.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I think Bama is a relatively standard RPO offense mixed with pretty standard pro-style concepts. Lots of trips formations as well if I recall.
The chiefs playbook is close to what Alabama has done for the past few years, but i think this year they will run more two te sets and focus on running more. This year they will probably look more like the Patriots have on Madden for the past few years.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2023, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Honestly, I would just BUILD a playbook.

Savannah, GA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »