Home

Practice Squad Player Question

This is a discussion on Practice Squad Player Question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2023, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

BIGBLUEFAN2023's Arena

OVR: 0
Practice Squad Player Question

Do any of you create the players who are obviously not going to be on the Week One 53 Man Official Roster but who are on the Practice Squads? And if so, how do you go about rating them? Seems like a daunting task but with the lack of UDFAs who make those squads available in the game, as well as the veteran players who by the game's incorrect eligibility standards can't be placed on the PS, it seems like creating players is the only way to get even semi-correct Practice Squads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 06:30 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Re: Practice Squad Player Question

You can get most bio information from Google search or by using free sites like ourlads or nfl. Nfl. Mostly I type something like:

Player name college draft prospect profile 40 time

or something similar into Google and check results .

If all else fails I'll look for a size/ speed / position match already in the game and use that as a template

As far as OVR I'd put them mostly in the 55 - 66 range or something similar unless I have reason not to , i'm assuming if they were much better that they would probably be on 53 and much worse and they wouldn't be on PS anyway.

If they are on "your team" you probably have access to beat reporters comments on twitter or YT too .

If you want to even search YT for film of a few though this is time consuming
Old 08-30-2023, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i did this for madden 23 ps5

and will try to do this for both ps5 and ps4 in madden 24

my process is google the player u are trying to make then

bios are the easiest part sometimes u have to go to the player college website to get his bio info

than go to nfl draft scout or google the player name nfl draft or if is a vet sometimes they will be in older versions of madden

on face equiment google player name then go to imange and do the best u can

on ratings aim for 56-68 ovr in that range
Old 08-31-2023, 07:55 AM   #4
Rookie

BIGBLUEFAN2023's Arena

I appreciate the feedback. I have no issues with getting accurate bio info. My bigger concern is how to rate players properly if I do create them. I wish there was a generator tool where you could plug in some key stats and it would generate the ratings.

The other thing would be if Madden would actually INCLUDE all of the actual PS players in their Week One Roster Update. Not just the ones who made the 53 man. That would be the best thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »