Home

Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only?

This is a discussion on Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2023, 10:58 PM   #1
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only?

I decided to play my franchise using the offense only option. I play with the Saints. My defense stinks. I'm last in the league in points. Next to the last in the league in total yardage. I use 10 minute quarters with no accelerated clock. My offense is middle of the pack. Anybody else having this issue?
Bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2023, 08:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody play Madden 24 using offense only?

This is how I started playing two years ago to save some time and play through the seasons to get to my favorite part of madden: the offseason! but this 24 game, I went back to playing defense also because my defense was letting up a score almost every drive. I have a feeling the broken HFA has something to do with that also. It annoyed me having the best offense/worst defense in the league but it's was also skewed: few INTS, NO fumbles from cpu, very unrealistic stats. Hopefully it fixes when the HFA gets fixed but for now, I am actually enjoying going back to playing defense (it helps having a pretty good one in the Jets).
Pokemon Emerald

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-26-2023, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

I use Offense only in regular season until the 4th quarter and if it’s close I’ll play D

I play every play in playoffs

Just won the SB 45-42 last night, was intense

I hate playing against All Madden Josh Allen ha
Old 08-26-2023, 05:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

The last few years that I had played Madden I only played offense. Mostly since I hated playing defense due to awful cpu defenders.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:45 PM   #5
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsabol715
This is how I started playing two years ago to save some time and play through the seasons to get to my favorite part of madden: the offseason! but this 24 game, I went back to playing defense also because my defense was letting up a score almost every drive. I have a feeling the broken HFA has something to do with that also. It annoyed me having the best offense/worst defense in the league but it's was also skewed: few INTS, NO fumbles from cpu, very unrealistic stats. Hopefully it fixes when the HFA gets fixed but for now, I am actually enjoying going back to playing defense (it helps having a pretty good one in the Jets).

Man I was thinking I was the only one. I am like how am I going to win the Super Bowl with the Number 1 Offense and Dead Last Defense. So I started to sim some games and play offense only and it helped some what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2023, 08:54 PM   #6
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

I always did offense only. 32nd ranked defense and they can’t stop anyone. No turnovers either. Like 6 all season. And my giants have an 87 rated defense. Teams just March down the field every drive. I have to win 45-42 and such all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2023, 10:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I always play Offense Only, All-Madden, 12 min quarters. Slightly modified sliders (penalties set to 99). Team is a 73 on offense, 77 on defense.

The AI can't seem to score against my AI defense at all, and it is bugging me. I have 2 players at 80+ (83 OLB and 80 DE). 3-4 Storm Defense, Rams Playbook. Only 1 SS to start (the 83 LB), and then my SS went SS through a progression event. Everyone else Star or lower.

LE: 80
DT: 67
RE: 72
LOLB: 75
MLB1: 77
MLB 2: 73
ROLB: 83
CB1: 79
CB2: 78
CB3: 76
FS: 77
SS: 78
Old 08-27-2023, 10:36 PM   #8
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
I always play Offense Only, All-Madden, 12 min quarters. Slightly modified sliders (penalties set to 99). Team is a 73 on offense, 77 on defense.

The AI can't seem to score against my AI defense at all, and it is bugging me. I have 2 players at 80+ (83 OLB and 80 DE). 3-4 Storm Defense, Rams Playbook. Only 1 SS to start (the 83 LB), and then my SS went SS through a progression event. Everyone else Star or lower.

LE: 80
DT: 67
RE: 72
LOLB: 75
MLB1: 77
MLB 2: 73
ROLB: 83
CB1: 79
CB2: 78
CB3: 76
FS: 77
SS: 78

Interesting. I have had similar experiences with my Bucs Offense Only Franchise. #1 in points allowed through 5 weeks.

I picked up on it, but figured it was just matchups combined with random simulation results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »