Home

Recommendations for graphic settings

This is a discussion on Recommendations for graphic settings within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2023, 12:18 PM   #1
Banned

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
Recommendations for graphic settings

Looking for some input on what I should set all the graphic settings to...

My laptop runs Windows 11 and the specs are:

Asus M16 GU603ZW
12th Gen Intel i9-12900H, 2500 Mhz, 14 Cores, 20 Processors
40GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 01:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Recommendations for graphic settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Looking for some input on what I should set all the graphic settings to...

My laptop runs Windows 11 and the specs are:

Asus M16 GU603ZW
12th Gen Intel i9-12900H, 2500 Mhz, 14 Cores, 20 Processors
40GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
I'd set to High across the board and see how it does. It should run well I'd think
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-29-2023, 09:10 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

My HP Omen laptop is about 3 years old.
32GB RAM
RTX 2080 (non mobile)
Intel Core i7 9759H 2.6GHZ ramps up to near 4ghz
NVME 3500MBps read and write

It was running Windows 10 and I had Madden on it and it seemed to run ok at high settings at 1920x1080.

I allowed Windows to update me to Windows 11 today. It went smooth but I swear Madden is not as smooth now. I turned on the FPS overlay from Nvidia and it says 59 during menus but during the game it seems to be around 52-53 and drops into the 40s during cut scenes.

Even if I lower the res, and turn all graphics off/down to lowest settings, it seems to be throttled at around 53 or so. After testing I turned most things to max and it only dropped to like 49 so I am thinking this is a CPU bottleneck perhaps?

Anyway, I've never experienced this until now, but on some plays, there are moments where it feels like slow-motion. It's not frame drops, it literally feels like a very subtle bullet-time effect. It doesn't happen often but it happens sometimes. I have seen people complaining of their game running in slow motion.

Any ideas what might cause this? Luckily my laptop is mostly used for when I travel and want to game. I have a robust gaming PC to play on 90% of the time.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:05 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

FYI. I saw over on the discord channel where someone was having issues with Madden on PC playing decent, then a few days later they were seeing the "slowdown" issue where parts of plays appear to be in slow motion. They resolved it by rolling back their Nvidia drivers. I tried this and it appears to have helped my issue. So the latest drivers release around the 8-22 seemed to cause some issues so I am using the ones from 8-8 and all seems well again.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
My HP Omen laptop is about 3 years old.
32GB RAM
RTX 2080 (non mobile)
Intel Core i7 9759H 2.6GHZ ramps up to near 4ghz
NVME 3500MBps read and write

It was running Windows 10 and I had Madden on it and it seemed to run ok at high settings at 1920x1080.

I allowed Windows to update me to Windows 11 today. It went smooth but I swear Madden is not as smooth now. I turned on the FPS overlay from Nvidia and it says 59 during menus but during the game it seems to be around 52-53 and drops into the 40s during cut scenes.

Even if I lower the res, and turn all graphics off/down to lowest settings, it seems to be throttled at around 53 or so. After testing I turned most things to max and it only dropped to like 49 so I am thinking this is a CPU bottleneck perhaps?

Anyway, I've never experienced this until now, but on some plays, there are moments where it feels like slow-motion. It's not frame drops, it literally feels like a very subtle bullet-time effect. It doesn't happen often but it happens sometimes. I have seen people complaining of their game running in slow motion.

Any ideas what might cause this? Luckily my laptop is mostly used for when I travel and want to game. I have a robust gaming PC to play on 90% of the time.
I had this with a game and turns out re-installing Nvidia drivers (choose reinstall from the Nvidia menu) fixed things. May be worth a try
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »