Home

to user catch or to not

This is a discussion on to user catch or to not within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2023, 01:37 PM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
to user catch or to not

hey guys im back lol so what is everyone thought on user catching. i feel like when i dont i get more int but then when i try to user catch myself its always drop. any thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: to user catch or to not

I feel like I need to. User WR aren’t very aggressive going for the ball causing defenders to jump in front for INTs.
Old 08-21-2023, 01:41 PM   #3
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
hey guys im back lol so what is everyone thought on user catching. i feel like when i dont i get more int but then when i try to user catch myself its always drop. any thoughts
One of the many house rules I utilize in offline Franchise play. I don't user on Offense, and I play "No Switch" on defense.
Old 08-21-2023, 04:34 PM   #4
Rookie

I am seeing a lot of drops. Like my wr's won't even put their hands up. They just slowly jog to the ball and don't try. Usering seems to help a bit. But not a ton. My Qb was 12 of 49. My wr's had a total of 17 drops. Like wide open drops. Usering is better, but they even drop wide open, secure user catches.
Old 08-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I will select the catch type simply because if you do not then your WR's, at least in prior versions, would only ever RAC attempt. You could trigger an aggressive catch with a high throw. However, the CPU WR's have had the ability to do all 3 catch types on all pass types, so if the CPU has the ability to do so, I figured I would allow myself to do so as well.

I will not switch to the WR and change their route to the ball while it is in air. I only pick the catch type and let the game play out the rest.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 05:23 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

so i didnt know that high pass is for aggressive catching. i notice also when i dont user catch i get pick off way more but then when i user catch i drop alot but it might be my fault because im always aggressive catching. but now since i know high pass is aggressive i hope my luck changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I will select the catch type simply because if you do not then your WR's, at least in prior versions, would only ever RAC attempt. You could trigger an aggressive catch with a high throw. However, the CPU WR's have had the ability to do all 3 catch types on all pass types, so if the CPU has the ability to do so, I figured I would allow myself to do so as well.

I will not switch to the WR and change their route to the ball while it is in air. I only pick the catch type and let the game play out the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I feel like I need to. User WR aren’t very aggressive going for the ball causing defenders to jump in front for INTs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarr19
I am seeing a lot of drops. Like my wr's won't even put their hands up. They just slowly jog to the ball and don't try. Usering seems to help a bit. But not a ton. My Qb was 12 of 49. My wr's had a total of 17 drops. Like wide open drops. Usering is better, but they even drop wide open, secure user catches.

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon
Old 08-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

For what it’s worth, when trying to user catch this year I have had a lot more passes just bounce right off my receivers hands. No contact, just flat out drops. Could be placebo since the game is so new sample size wise
Old 08-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I never user catch, just like I play no switch on defense.

The way I look at it is football is the ultimate team sport, therefore I let my guys play without any "interaction" or "input" from me.

What I do though, is I will go into the coach settings and change wr catch to aggressive, and so far I have been happy with the results, it seems (hopefully it isn't my imagination...lol) like my receivers will at least attempt to go after the ball a bit more..but who knows....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »