Home

Long FG tries

This is a discussion on Long FG tries within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2023, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Long FG tries

I thought the devs said they tweaked the CPU to not attempt long Fgs as much (57 plus) in non late game or late half situations. I have seen multiple 57 plus attempts consistently rather than attempting to flip field position. Any ideas on how to mitigate this as it gives a short field constantly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2023, 03:35 PM   #2
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Long FG tries

Yea, they didnt fix it. I have had the CPU try 61 yard FGs in the 1st quarter! it is game breaking.
Old 08-19-2023, 04:43 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
Yea, they didnt fix it. I have had the CPU try 61 yard FGs in the 1st quarter! it is game breaking.

That’s what I was worried about even when they said they fixed it. Disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
I thought the devs said they tweaked the CPU to not attempt long Fgs as much (57 plus) in non late game or late half situations. I have seen multiple 57 plus attempts consistently rather than attempting to flip field position. Any ideas on how to mitigate this as it gives a short field constantly?

Since when does EA keep their promise ??!!!
Old 08-19-2023, 07:24 PM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy4747
Since when does EA keep their promise ??!!!

Yup. That’s why I waited and didn’t buy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2023, 07:56 PM   #6
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

OVR: 0

I actually wish they'd try more longer field goals than the hardcoded 56-57. The longest CPU field goal I've seen attempted so far is 59 (miss). I understand if it's windy or something but this was an indoor game. The longest I've made is 64 (also indoors).

I think the manual hardcoded max is still 66 since I missed a 67 yarder in preseason just to test it out. I understand that yes, it's difficult to make a 60+ yarder, but it's obviously not impossible, especially indoors or with favorable wind conditions. Hardcoding a limit that applies regardless of who is kicking and what conditions and situation is just lazy. On the flip side, if your kicker has a KPW of 97 and you need a field goal to win in OT with time winding down and the kick is 60 yards, wouldn't you go for it? Wouldn't just about anybody?
Old 08-19-2023, 09:41 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I've capped FG kickers Kick Power attribute to 75 or less unless they are SS/XF then they receive "80". Long FG attempts have been greatly reduced.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:47 PM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknobb
I actually wish they'd try more longer field goals than the hardcoded 56-57. The longest CPU field goal I've seen attempted so far is 59 (miss). I understand if it's windy or something but this was an indoor game. The longest I've made is 64 (also indoors).

I think the manual hardcoded max is still 66 since I missed a 67 yarder in preseason just to test it out. I understand that yes, it's difficult to make a 60+ yarder, but it's obviously not impossible, especially indoors or with favorable wind conditions. Hardcoding a limit that applies regardless of who is kicking and what conditions and situation is just lazy. On the flip side, if your kicker has a KPW of 97 and you need a field goal to win in OT with time winding down and the kick is 60 yards, wouldn't you go for it? Wouldn't just about anybody?

The issue isn’t long field goal tried at the end of games or halves. It’s the 55+ yard attempts in the first quarter or early in games. It changes the game because they rarely make them and it’s just another user advantage giving you a short field to work with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »