Home

Progressiond/Regression Slider Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Progressiond/Regression Slider Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2023, 02:39 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

As we all know, this year we have some new sliders that are very much welcome. We now can set the progression and regression rates for each age in our franchise mode.

I thought it may be good for the community to have place to talk about these new sliders specifically. I would love to see the thread blossom into one where we have multiple people throwing out ideas for different setups, having people test different setups, etc. so we can all have different ways to set the sliders to get the desired franchise mode experience we all deserve.

I, for one, am anxious to see the different ways people use these sliders to customize their franchise mode. I saw someone in another thread mention ramping up the progression sliders for early ages, but also the regression sliders so that the Stars/Superstar players are able to out-progress the regression and have longer careers, but the average Normal development players have a higher chance of only sticking around for 2 or 3 years.

What slider theories do you all have and maybe even potentially plan to test out?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Progressiond/Regression Slider Discussion Thread

looking forward to this thread. I appreciate them for adding new features but I'm not sure how to go about them; hoping the slider savy ones here can help!
Pokemon FireRed
Pokemon Emerald

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-17-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I spent a good chunk the beta period simulating seasons with the age regression sliders maxed out, the idea being “perform or perish”. Couldn’t export any data from beta franchises without the companion app, obviously, but just from eyeballing it the results looked decent.

Hoping the companion app drops soon so I can run some actual statistical analysis on some simulated leagues with that setup.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I spent a good chunk the beta period simulating seasons with the age regression sliders maxed out, the idea being “perform or perish”. Couldn’t export any data from beta franchises without the companion app, obviously, but just from eyeballing it the results looked decent.

Hoping the companion app drops soon so I can run some actual statistical analysis on some simulated leagues with that setup.
So every age/position maxed out?
Old 08-17-2023, 07:09 PM   #5
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
So every age/position maxed out?

Only the age regression sliders worked in the beta. I would probably max out the RB regression slider? TBD about all of them.

Also I’m not vouching for this as the best way to play or anything, it’s just my opinion that Madden doesn’t really put enough downward pressure on veterans to get them out of the league the way that often happens in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2023, 08:44 PM   #6
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Only the age regression sliders worked in the beta. I would probably max out the RB regression slider? TBD about all of them.

Also I’m not vouching for this as the best way to play or anything, it’s just my opinion that Madden doesn’t really put enough downward pressure on veterans to get them out of the league the way that often happens in real life.
I like this. Perform or punish is as you said it! That’s why rosters get so dang bloated after a few years
Old 08-17-2023, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

I've have an initial setup that is quite aggressive with all the new sliders. Expect keeping in original xp sliders on 100%. With the intention of trying to somewhat replicate what happens season to season in the NFL. I have no idea if they work, but if they do it would make things like dev trait, on field production, injuries and playing opportunities more important. And create more player turnover as well.20230818_072142.jpeg20230818_071912.jpeg20230818_071937.jpeg20230818_072010.jpeg20230818_072054.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2023, 11:19 PM   #8
Rookie

posted a thread on this, but here's what I have come up with so far as well as how it compares to base roster after 10 years.
Attached Images
File Type: png Kiwi_M24_sliderset.png (101.8 KB, 488 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »