Home

Best draft steal

This is a discussion on Best draft steal within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #1
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

OVR: 0
Best draft steal

I just got an outfielder who was rated as not ranked and turned out to be the number 2 player in the draft. And i was able to take the number 1 player, a closer with my first round pick and scoop up the outfielder in the second round because i wanted him.

I always had a tough time drafting but is there a way to do scouting better for finding hidden gem’s because i have only found 1 gem like this ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2023, 08:27 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Best draft steal

I wonder if a pure discovery scout strategy could work. Like have all scouts on discovery for most of the time, then spot scout the good ones. Could result in more guaranteed picks but less quality players available.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

I have been playing the show for years and have always put scouting on auto simply because of time. I would love to be able to find more gems though, the draft seems routine and scripted.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:20 AM   #4
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

I play a lot of franchise and sim a lot because I love drafting and developing players. I have drafted 4 players with 99 potential around the fifth or sixth rounds. Low starting overalls but they can reach their potential if you're patient.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:43 PM   #5
Rookie

In my current franchise I am playing (Mariners, about 3/4 of the way through year 3), I have a 3B I drafted in the comp round of my first season (I believe it was pick 30). was a 63 overall, 99 dev. with great hitting traits (low 70's contact from both sides, mid 50's power from both sides) but horrible fielding skills (all traits in the 40's). And was 19 years old.

Year 1: Put him in AA for the entire season, he raked finishing the season around .330 avg. He jumped from 63->74 by the end of the season with huge hitting gains (+8-10 in every trait).

Year 2: Moved him to AAA at the beginning of the season. Had a really solid season batting around .280 with I think 25 HR's. Called him up in Sept. and he was at an overall of 82-83. He had 7 HR's in Sept. in the majors.

Year 3: Starting 3B on the MLB team, batting like .320 for the first half with 17 HR's. Is now an 89 overall, again massive gains in hitting traits and is now sitting at high 80's contact from both sides, high 70's power from both sides. And fielding has improved to high 50's, low 60's. So he is going to end up finishing year 3 around 89-90 overall at 22 years old.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »