Home

ESPN Presentation? Why not?

This is a discussion on ESPN Presentation? Why not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2023, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ESPN Presentation? Why not?

Ive been back playing NCAA Football 14 lately. It made me realize how much the College Football GameDay added to the experience. Not just the theme music, but the logos, listening to actual voices of ESPN football, added so much to the atmosphere, I might have taken it for granted. Hearing voices that attach to the TV presentation adds to the realism. No offense to Charles Davis, but I do t associate his voice to big time NFL.

I say that to ask this. Why dont we have ESPN, CBS, NBC, etc presentation? If NFL is a partner with these companies, how cant they be represented in the game somehow. Im hearing how ESPN and Disney is struggling. Make a Deal with EA to get some ESPN presentation into Madden. It would add so much to the atmosphere if you had Aikman and Joe Buck. Or Romo and Nantz. We know how much it add to that other football game from 2005.

Im tired of the generic presentations from all these sports games Really. 2k does it well, but even with them, Id rather see TNT, ESPN, etc. as it would add more to it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Re: ESPN Presentation? Why not?

Because it’s a monopoly. They bought these licenses in order to control the market, not to give us the best experience possible.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:00 PM   #3
MVP

Doesn’t EA have a partnership with ESPN? I know they had it at one time despite it not being in game.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:16 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

It's not their fault. I know the presentation team would like nothing more than to use authentic packages. However, ESPN doesn't want them to use NFL Network packages, and NFL Network doesn't want them using ESPN packages.

I'm not entirely sure whether the ESPN deal is still ongoing, but that was the reason when I was there.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's not their fault. I know the presentation team would like nothing more than to use authentic packages. However, ESPN doesn't want them to use NFL Network packages, and NFL Network doesn't want them using ESPN packages.

I'm not entirely sure whether the ESPN deal is still ongoing, but that was the reason when I was there.
Thats CRAZY!!! I can’t believe they wouldn’t want that authenticity in there. Especially with ESPN being tight on budget. It’ll be the perfect win-win. Disgraceful.

Itll be so disappointing to not have that ESPN GameDay feel in the next NCAA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2023, 09:39 PM   #6
MVP

I would suggest letting the ESPN license go since they don’t use it for anything, at least that I’m aware of. If having both is cancelling out being able to use either for authentic presentation, it only makes sense for one to go.

Another idea would be to create an “EA Football Network” and simply model it after actual broadcast packages, complete with fictional desk commentators, etc.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-30-2023 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I would suggest letting the ESPN license go since they don’t use it for anything, at least that I’m aware of. If having both is cancelling out being able to use either for authentic presentation, it only makes sense for one to go.

Another idea would be to create an “EA Football Network” and simply model it after actual broadcast packages, complete with fictional desk commentators, etc.
they tried that 30 years ago with EASN bulls lakers etc and espn treated to sue them

EA Sports games from 1990 or 1991 to 1993 had the EASN like network when the game would start up well ESPN throuht it was too much like them and treated to sue ea over it i am going to post a YT Clip of EASN

Last edited by jerwoods; 07-30-2023 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:09 PM   #8
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnW_jkE5ipA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7avZCUO1g

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »