Home

NBA 2K24 Gameplay with ProPLAY Details Arrive on August 14 - Schedule of Upcoming Events Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Gameplay with ProPLAY Details Arrive on August 14 - Schedule of Upcoming Events Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-27-2023, 10:05 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K24 Gameplay with ProPLAY Details Arrive on August 14 - Schedule of Upcoming Events Revealed

2K has revealed a roadmap calendar outlining upcoming NBA 2K24 announcements leading up to release on...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-27-2023 at 06:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2023, 10:41 AM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K24 Details Coming in August - Schedule of Events

I hope they finally have a option to turn off randomize hot zones in mynba
Tired of seeing stars lose their hot zones in their prime
Old 07-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay with ProPLAY Details Arrive on August 14 - Schedule of Upcoming

what is this streamlined mycareer nonsense they are talking?
Old 07-27-2023, 08:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K24 Gameplay with ProPLAY Details Arrive on August 14 - Schedule of Upcoming

No "Eras" updates? That would be bummer for me. That was my favorite feature by far and to me one of the best things in sports video game history.

I like the idea of streamlined MyCareer if the intent is to elimate all the tasks and just let me play. I gave up on the mode other than playing in The Rec (just leveled up that way). I don't think I played more than a game of MyCareer in NBA. I have no desire to hunt for NPC's to train me, be a rapper, be a fashion designer, etc. I just want to play. I fully understand that RPG depth is what many enjoy but hopefully by streamlined that means those who don't want to do the side quest stuff don't have to.

Personally, without more ERAS or refinements I'll just keep playing NBA2K23 (at least until sale prices). I'm still enjoying NBA2K23 even now (which usually doesn't happen for me this long after release).

Last edited by TheBrew101; 07-27-2023 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:42 PM   #5
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
No "Eras" updates? That would be bummer for me. That was my favorite feature by far and to me one of the best things in sports video game history.

I like the idea of streamlined MyCareer if the intent is to elimate all the tasks and just let me play. I gave up on the mode other than playing in The Rec (just leveled up that way). I don't think I played more than a game of MyCareer in NBA. I have no desire to hunt for NPC's to train me, be a rapper, be a fashion designer, etc. I just want to play. I fully understand that RPG depth is what many enjoy but hopefully by streamlined that means those who don't want to do the side quest stuff don't have to.

Personally, without more ERAS or refinements I'll just keep playing NBA2K23 (at least until sale prices). I'm still enjoying NBA2K23 even now (which usually doesn't happen for me this long after release).
Eras stuff should be included in the MyNBA news
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2023, 11:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101

Like Mavs said, I imagine any Eras updates would be included alongside MyNBA. However, I am not holding out for many significant upgrades on that front this year. There's been rumors of a "LeBron" Era being added (beginning in the early 2010s) so that'd be cool, but I don't expect much in the way otherwise, just because it seems like they poured a fair bit of resources into getting the mode out there last year, so I could see them treating the mode like it's settled business for now.

I, too, will have my eye on what streamlined MyCareer looks like. I haven't delved into this segment of the game since the scripted storyline took over years ago. It'd be nice to get back to a place where the option's there to live out a more realistic, grounded career.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope there’s more MyNBA changes than the leaked LeBron era. I don’t have high expectations for MyCareer but it can’t be worse than last year’s dumpster fire.
Old 07-28-2023, 07:12 AM   #8
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm surprised they not showing a trailer before this weekend playstation China showcase
Those gameplay usually leaks out 9 out of 10 times

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »