Home

Still Playing NBA2K19 MyLeague, Convince Me I Should Move On

This is a discussion on Still Playing NBA2K19 MyLeague, Convince Me I Should Move On within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-25-2023, 11:41 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm over here still playing NBA2K19. I'm enjoying the basketball experience. I buy the game every year but didn't see many differences in the newer versions of NBA2K20, 21, 22 or 23 in MyNBA, MyLeague or MyGM other than the MyNBA eras feature that would make me want to switch over.

While I tend to stay in MyLeague, I think NBA2K19 traditional MyGM is the last great MyGM.

Now I might want to change over to NBA2K24 because of the changes in the collective bargaining agreement in real life but I'm not sure if those will make the next release.

For you MyLeaguer's out there, can you convince me why I should have moved forward to the new releases the past few years?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-25-2023 at 11:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2023, 08:12 AM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still Playing NBA2K19 MyLeague, Convince Me I Should Move On

I think you're right about the MyGM part. They ruined it in 2K20 and my understanding is that now the role-playing elements are no longer in MyNBA (judging purely from complaints I've seen on this board).

I would say that if MyGM is significantly more fun for you than the MyLeague experience, then you may genuinely just be best hanging back on 2K19. If the MyLeague experience is plenty entertaining for you, then there's no reason not to upgrade. You now have more control over the structure / mechanics of your league, including new possibilities afforded by Eras. That's on top of the genuine advances in graphics and gameplay.

The two ideal upgrade options would be:
  • 2K24 on PS5/XSX (if the latest gameplay & graphical advances are more important to you than having the most league/Eras functionality and the most realism, i.e., in terms of player models, arenas, scoreboards, etc.)
  • 2K23 on PC (if it's vice versa for you, i.e., you value greater functionality + realism > latest graphics + gameplay)

Obviously your access to console vs. PC would likely influence that decision too.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I'm over here still playing NBA2K19. I'm enjoying the basketball experience. I buy the game every year but didn't see many differences in the newer versions of NBA2K20, 21, 22 or 23 in MyNBA, MyLeague or MyGM other than the MyNBA eras feature that would make me want to switch over.

While I tend to stay in MyLeague, I think NBA2K19 traditional MyGM is the last great MyGM.

Now I might want to change over to NBA2K24 because of the changes in the collective bargaining agreement in real life but I'm not sure if those will make the next release.

For you MyLeaguer's out there, can you convince me why I should have moved forward to the new releases the past few years?

Nope.

If you enjoy your experience in2k19, keep it going. Stay with what you like bro.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

There's nothing wrong with sticking with 2k19. Personally, I love 2k23 but people like different things.
I still often play NBA Live 2004 because of some of the specific things about that game.
Play what you like.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:29 PM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

19 plays well but I could never get enough fouls/FTs called in it. Plus there’s no in game injuries too I think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2023, 08:22 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

stick to 19. better gameplay and functionalities did not really improve.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

The gameplay has been basically the same since 2016. Maybe even earlier than that. So unless you care about legends or playing with old rosters no need to switch
Old 07-27-2023, 09:37 PM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

If you are an old head the Eras is probably the best feature in a sports game in a while.

And grab MJ Wizards Rosters for them and 2k23 has really incredible longevity, IMO.

Also personally I think the gameplay is pretty on point. Some great animations. Guys actually get hurt in games with the right settings. Fouls a little low but not terrible. Game is straight up fun to play. I’ve never played a 2k this long into the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by cch99; 07-27-2023 at 09:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »