Home

Did the draft improvements make up for lack of franchise improvements?

This is a discussion on Did the draft improvements make up for lack of franchise improvements? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2023, 08:54 PM   #1
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Did the draft improvements make up for lack of franchise improvements?

So we are a good chunk into the new MLB the show life now and while the draft changes were a huge step forward not a lot else changed when it came to franchise mode.

Still no additional roster spots, A ball still not playable. No additional minor league systems. No changes to allow editing coaches names or creating coaches.

So really just want to see did the draft improvements make satisfy you this time around? or do you feel you need more?

Personally I feel like unless they make the minor league system deeper, give some coaches control to get real names for the staff members, etc that this might have been my last year getting the game. But keep in mind I ONLY play franchise mode so its everything for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2023, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: Did the draft improvements make up for lack of franchise improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
So we are a good chunk into the new MLB the show life now and while the draft changes were a huge step forward not a lot else changed when it came to franchise mode.

Still no additional roster spots, A ball still not playable. No additional minor league systems. No changes to allow editing coaches names or creating coaches.

So really just want to see did the draft improvements make satisfy you this time around? or do you feel you need more?

Personally I feel like unless they make the minor league system deeper, give some coaches control to get real names for the staff members, etc that this might have been my last year getting the game. But keep in mind I ONLY play franchise mode so its everything for me.

It hardly moves the needle for me IMO.

Franchise needs significant improvement in a multitude of areas.

Progression/Regression is so broken in this game it makes future years pretty ridiculous. Which kinda ruins the point of a Franchise mode.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 07-25-2023, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

The generational prospects were my favorite addition this year but the rest of the draft features could still use a lot of work. There’s basically no high potential position players outside of the 1st round that aren’t 50 overalls. Scouting pitchers is a lot easier than position players so I end up drafting a ton each draft.

I also agree that the regression system is one of the biggest problems. I wish I could get older players without them tanking in overall after a season or two. Minor league players also take too long to develop better hitting attributes too.

Teams also need to value their top prospects more in trades, teams regularly trade them way too often for not much value.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:25 PM   #4
Banned

The gameplay has taken 2 steps back. The “logic” of swings/misses have made the game unplayable with default sliders…this is even on legend. Strikeouts galore. I do like the scouting in 23 but besides that it’s bare bones. I do like that MTO is multiple seasons as it was in 22…this is the route SCEA is taking franchise. I just want them to bring back the ability to adjust season length…don’t think they will as it has forced people to play the new mini season mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne

Old 07-25-2023, 11:24 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My overall opinion of the draft overhaul is positive and something that has been needed for a while. There are things I’d like to see added/changed to the experience, primarily being locked out of viewing prospects a week at a time, but the scouting process, the actual draft, and the signing of picks is significantly better than the basic point and click system we had before.

And while I am satisfied and happy with the additions made to the draft, and to franchise this year, I have things that I want as well such as editable coaches, expanded rosters, etc

But as a franchise mode only player I think that wanting more additions/improvements will always be a thing no matter what is added during any given cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #6
Rookie

It means nothing to me. Create a team, team branding and RPG elements to building a system is what I'm looking for. Drafting is cool if some player differentiation were more prevalent. but having a bunch of generic players that I'm going to edit anyway is nothing special at all. This generation of game development is about as shallow and pedantic as I've ever seen.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Honestly, I think the scouting changes made the mode worse, not better (outside of the draft classes themselves). The UI took major steps backwards, the use of "weekly" tasks reduces immersion and in general, I greatly prefer the old approach.

The best part about this game's franchise mode is that they don't ruin it with unnecessary additions (which cannot be said for any of the other franchise modes out there these days). It is such a solid, dynamic mode and many people don't realize how good it is because they are too busy farting with sliders or worrying about minutiae while re-starting constantly. I'm already halfway through season 3 of my Reds franchise I started in April (playing every pitch/game) and haven't touched a slider (outside of injuries) all cycle. Every season has been SO different for us; both at a high-level but also on an individual player basis. There's so many storylines with numerous players that continue to unfold with every AB; it's just an amazing atmosphere where your franchise universe truly feels connected inside of the games themselves (other sports games feel a lot like "Play Now" games that you just access through the franchise menu).
Old 07-26-2023, 09:09 AM   #8
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Honestly, I think the scouting changes made the mode worse, not better (outside of the draft classes themselves). The UI took major steps backwards, the use of "weekly" tasks reduces immersion and in general, I greatly prefer the old approach.

The best part about this game's franchise mode is that they don't ruin it with unnecessary additions (which cannot be said for any of the other franchise modes out there these days). It is such a solid, dynamic mode and many people don't realize how good it is because they are too busy farting with sliders or worrying about minutiae while re-starting constantly. I'm already halfway through season 3 of my Reds franchise I started in April (playing every pitch/game) and haven't touched a slider (outside of injuries) all cycle. Every season has been SO different for us; both at a high-level but also on an individual player basis. There's so many storylines with numerous players that continue to unfold with every AB; it's just an amazing atmosphere where your franchise universe truly feels connected inside of the games themselves (other sports games feel a lot like "Play Now" games that you just access through the franchise menu).
Franchise mode is addicting, for me anyway. More than other game franchise modes. I'm so bad at figuring out the new draft system that I end up simulating it. Lol. That's more of a me problem most likely.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by jcar0725; 07-26-2023 at 09:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »