Home

2023-2024 Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on 2023-2024 Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2023, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2023-2024 Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

Welcome to the first ever release of the “Franchise Fidelity to Reality” roster project for Madden NFL Football! The project has been a massive success on the MLB The Show platform w/ over 10K downloads and counting this season, and now we look to expand into the football realm.

The vision for this project is exactly the same:

Create the most realistic and accurate roster that plays as true to real life as possible while creating the best possible franchise experience.

Methodology
PFF grades and advanced statistics from the previous two seasons are collected and combined with heavier weights being placed on both more recent seasons and on seasons w/ higher amounts of playing time (accounts for both trends in performance along w/ periods where guys may have missed time with injuries). These grades/statistics are then applied to standard curves that were generated using the value ranges of the grades/statistics and the in-game attribute values. Regression models are also applied for players who do not meet certain playing time thresholds to prevent the overrating of rotational-like players compared to every down starters.

Overall Breakdowns
95-99: Generational
90-95: Elite
85-90: All-Pro
80-85: Above Average Starter
75-80: Average Starter
70-75: Rotational/Below Average Starter
65-70: Low-end Rotational Player
<65: Bench/Practice Squad/Developmental

Attribute values
-Values unchanged for all players from base roster: Speed, Agility, Acceleration, Change of Direction, Strength, Jumping, Return, Stamina, Toughness, Injury, Throw Power, Hit Power
-These are all physical attributes that are very difficult to quantify w/ the publicly available data. We trust Madden enough to accurately assess these specific attributes because they typically have more data available for them than the general public
-Awareness: Offensive/Defensive overall grade
-Throw accuracy: Accuracy percent by throw depth
-Throw on run: Mix of under pressure run grade and overall pass grade
-Throw under pressure: Under pressure pass grade
-Break sack: Under pressure run grade
-Play action: Play action overall grade
-Carrying: Fumble grade

-Spin move/Juke move: Elusive rating
-Note: This will determine the max value of whichever move is currently rated the highest (most guys it is juke). The other move will be determined by keeping the same difference between the values (e.g. if juke is 87 and spin is 75 in base roster; new juke would be 90 and spin would be 78). Ideally I would like to rate each of these individually, but unfortunately there isn’t any good data available to delineate these two attributes.
-Note: At the current moment, juke and spin moves will not be edited for WRs and TEs. Unfortunately, the “Elusive rating” only applies to rushing attempts and I have not yet found an acceptable method for receptions yet.
-Ball carrier vision: Rushing grade
-Note: Base rating for WRs/TEs
-Break tackle: Yards after contact/Att
-Trucking: Yards after contact/Att with a weight modifier
-Stiff arm: Yards after contact/Att with a strength modifier
-Catching: Drop rate
-Catch in traffic: Mix of contested catch rate and hands drop grade
-Spectacular catch: Contested catch rate
-Route running: Route running grade by route depth
-Release: Route running grade w/ strength modifier
-Run blocking: Run blocking grade
-Run block power: Gap run blocking grade
-Run block finesse: Zone run blocking grade
-Pass block: Pass blocking grade
-Pass block power/finesse: Extrapolated ratio based on run block power/finesse to run block applied compared to pass block rating
-Impact blocking: Gap run blocking grade applied to the run blocking standard curve
-Lead block: Mix of strength and impact blocking
-Play recognition: Mix of coverage and run defense grades
-Tackling: Missed tackle rate
-Block shedding: Run stop %
-Finesse move/Power move: Pass rush grade
-Note: Same explanation of breakdown as the juke/spin move
-Pursuit: Mix of run defense and tackle grades
-Man coverage: Man coverage grade
-Zone coverage: Zone coverage grade
-Press: Coverage grade w/ strength modifier
A note on rookies
At this current point and time, we are NOT going to be making any edits to incoming rookies. I am unsatisfied current approaches we have developed to rating players w/ zero NFL experience. There is a lot of ambiguity and subjective assessment and distilling it down to be as objective as possible has been insufficient thus far by comparison to the MiLB prospects from the MLB The Show project. We will continue to work on this to see if we come up with an acceptable method, but until then we will roll w/ the Madden base ratings. We find them to be acceptable enough at this point, and again, they typically have a access to a lot more data that the general public does not.

A final word on bias
We aim to eliminate bias as much as we possibly can. That is why standard curves were generated w/ mass data and not meant to ensure specific ratings outputs for any specific players. Then, data to fill these curves is pulled directly from PFF’s website without any manipulation from editors. It is inevitable that players have attribute or overall ratings that Madden players will disagree with. I myself have more than a few I have come across that I did not agree with based on the “eye test”, but in order to keep things as objective and consistent as possible, adjustments after ratings output are kept as minimal as possible. I myself will only step in during the auditing process when I identify values that seem egregiously off. Even those edits will be aimed to be kept as minimal as possible.

To stay the most up to date on our progress, get full team or player previews, or to chat about everything Madden and football, be sure to join us on the discord: https://discord.gg/3jsHrKgjZf

WE. ARE. LIVE.

PS5
File Name: FFTRFINALIZE
Username: ViatorLion10

XBOX
File Name: FFTR
Username: EggplantKitty80

PC drop coming soon!

All the best to you, your NFL teams, and most importantly, your fantasy teams this season!

Peace, love, and football.

Last edited by Quag; 10-13-2023 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2023, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: 2023-2024 Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster Project (Official Thread)

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 07-24-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
Rookie

New Discord link posted. Old one was broken
Old 07-27-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

For those who plan on playing on PC…. Great news! I have my importer tool ready and can release our roster within the first few days of release!

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 08-20-2023, 12:05 PM   #5
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Do you guys have any plans for editing archetypes and other ratings for QB’s to make them move the ball downfield more vertically, evade pressure, run more when there is an opening, etc.? Make the best QB’s play up to their ability and the less talented and/or young rookies have more incompletions, interceptions, etc.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 08-20-2023 at 12:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2023, 03:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Do you guys have any plans for editing archetypes and other ratings for QB’s to make them move the ball downfield more vertically, evade pressure, run more when there is an opening, etc.? Make the best QB’s play up to their ability and the less talented and/or young rookies have more incompletions, interceptions, etc.
It is something I’ll look into as I’m editing, yes
Old 08-20-2023, 03:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Update: We are currently in a holding pattern to start the editing process due to a roster editing bug that is in the game that alters player experience times. We are hoping EA gets a patch out on the fly so we can get started. Depending on the delay, we may proceed anyways and hope the issue either gets fixed or just deal with it (it seemingly doesn’t actually affect development as much as I thought it would initially)
Old 08-27-2023, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Update: With the recent patch on the experience issue, editing has begun in game. I am currently through the NFC North already with more progress to follow.

Keep it on the Discord for the most up to date progress!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »