Home

?s for franchise players that play every game

This is a discussion on ?s for franchise players that play every game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2023, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
?s for franchise players that play every game

Seems like a lot of franchise players do a lot of simming. Idk, maybe not.
I wanted to ask a couple of questions specifically to players that play every out of every game of franchise.

What rosters do y’all prefer? I can’t decide if I want to rebuild the A’s, or get immersed in a new fictional league?

When you pick a team, do you pay much attention to the goals? If you are putting this much playing time in, do you keep GM contracts on?

Want to get something started, trying to figure out what road I want to go down…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2023, 11:23 AM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: ?s for franchise players that play every game

I've tried fictional franchises in the past, some of the frictional rosters are fantastic. I can't seem to stick with it long term though.

I do 30 team control franchise rebuilds usually, so GM contracts are off when you do 30 team control, so I set my own goal of WS contention by year 3 or else I've failed.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2023, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ya I’ve been bouncing around the GM contract. I wanted to keep it on, added element, but don’t want to lose a team that I have put 3 years of effort into- especially playing every game
Old 07-22-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

If you dont do 30 team control then I would suggest leaving gm contract on. It adds more pressure to succeed.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I play 30 team franchise. Every Pitch of every Inning and quite a lot of Minor League games as well.

I play on default All Star. Classic Pitching and Directional Hitting.

I use Default Rosters or maybe the first update. If anybody I want is missing I will just create them manually. Another reason for 30 team is being able to add or create players in future years.

Usually I play one franchise as one of my favorite teams. Then I do another with someone else.

I do play for the long haul and this is about the only Sports Game I play.

What I do is I turn GM contracts off but use the Grading as kind of a job performance indicator. When/If I want to change teams I go by the Letter grade of the GM rating.

A I can go anywhere I want.
B I can go to a team Two Levels below my or above my current teams standing.
C I can go to a team only One level above or below my Current team standing
D I can only go to a team at the same level or One below my Current Standing but not in the same league/division
F I am fired and can only go the worst team in the League.

Now of course this is my Baseball Universe and I can still do whatever the Heck I want. But I am pretty good about sticking to my "House Rules"

I have a Cleveland Franchise that I started in '14 that I am still playing in '20 that is now in year 16 and I have a fictional franchise in '20 as well that is in year 12. Lastly I have a Franchise with the O's in '23 that is going into year 2.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2023, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I play 30 team franchise. Every Pitch of every Inning and quite a lot of Minor League games as well.

I play on default All Star. Classic Pitching and Directional Hitting.

I use Default Rosters or maybe the first update. If anybody I want is missing I will just create them manually. Another reason for 30 team is being able to add or create players in future years.

Usually I play one franchise as one of my favorite teams. Then I do another with someone else.

I do play for the long haul and this is about the only Sports Game I play.

What I do is I turn GM contracts off but use the Grading as kind of a job performance indicator. When/If I want to change teams I go by the Letter grade of the GM rating.

A I can go anywhere I want.
B I can go to a team Two Levels below my or above my current teams standing.
C I can go to a team only One level above or below my Current team standing
D I can only go to a team at the same level or One below my Current Standing but not in the same league/division
F I am fired and can only go the worst team in the League.

Now of course this is my Baseball Universe and I can still do whatever the Heck I want. But I am pretty good about sticking to my "House Rules"

I have a Cleveland Franchise that I started in '14 that I am still playing in '20 that is now in year 16 and I have a fictional franchise in '20 as well that is in year 12. Lastly I have a Franchise with the O's in '23 that is going into year 2.

It doesn't sway my opinion, but I always like to here how others think of The Show.

Is 20 your fav version?

Do you like the gameplay on 23 (default AS or otherwise?), or are you also finding the cpu offense lacking?

Dowie

Dowie
Old 07-22-2023, 08:20 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoevobo
Seems like a lot of franchise players do a lot of simming. Idk, maybe not.
I wanted to ask a couple of questions specifically to players that play every out of every game of franchise.

What rosters do y’all prefer? I can’t decide if I want to rebuild the A’s, or get immersed in a new fictional league?

When you pick a team, do you pay much attention to the goals? If you are putting this much playing time in, do you keep GM contracts on?

Want to get something started, trying to figure out what road I want to go down…

I play with the launch day rosters. I add prospects/draft selections as my franchise progresses.

I only play with the Cardinals (favorite team) and I turn off GM contracts because I have no desire to play as another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-22-2023, 08:20 PM   #8
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
It doesn't sway my opinion, but I always like to here how others think of The Show.

Is 20 your fav version?

Do you like the gameplay on 23 (default AS or otherwise?), or are you also finding the cpu offense lacking?

Dowie

Dowie
'20 is my all time favorite version. A lot of it is honestly, nostalgia. For many many reasons.

I love the gameplay and feeling of the environment in '23. The new Minor parks, commentary and presentation are top notch for me, though I can see why folks have issues. They just are not important to me. I like the plethora of Uni's as well.

I am still on PS4 so I have no input beyond that. IE Next Gen graphics. build a park etc. I will be very content to sit where I am at with both of these games for the foreseeable future. Playing the way I do and no longer having carry over saves, I really have no reason to make this a yearly purchase anymore.

EDIT No I do not find the CPU lacking. I have really seen a wide range and variety of games.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 07-22-2023 at 09:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »