Home

How accessible is this franchise to a first-timer?

This is a discussion on How accessible is this franchise to a first-timer? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2023, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How accessible is this franchise to a first-timer?

I just got into soccer this year (I live around St. Louis, so it’s probably not a surprise), and I’m a veteran of MLB The Show, Madden, and, to a lesser extent, NHL. But I’ve never played FIFA, and I’m thinking of checking out next year’s version.

I looked at the controls online just to see how in-depth the game is, and it appears a bit intimidating at first glance. There are a few games that had so many controls that I just couldn’t stay with them (NBA 2K20 and UFC 3), and I don’t want this to be one of them. So, from people who have actually played this series, how much of a learning curve would you say there is?

Maybe worth noting: I’m not an online player; I only play offline matches against the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2023, 11:57 AM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How accessible is this franchise to a first-timer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
I just got into soccer this year (I live around St. Louis, so it’s probably not a surprise), and I’m a veteran of MLB The Show, Madden, and, to a lesser extent, NHL. But I’ve never played FIFA, and I’m thinking of checking out next year’s version.

I looked at the controls online just to see how in-depth the game is, and it appears a bit intimidating at first glance. There are a few games that had so many controls that I just couldn’t stay with them (NBA 2K20 and UFC 3), and I don’t want this to be one of them. So, from people who have actually played this series, how much of a learning curve would you say there is?

Maybe worth noting: I’m not an online player; I only play offline matches against the CPU.

This game definitely takes a few hours to warm up to. The controls can get very advanced, but at lower AI levels you won’t need any of them.

You can get by with just Pass and Shoot.

As you get more comfortable you can work in skill moves, different pass types, etc.

The game also now has a Trainer that teaches you alot do these moves and in no time you’ll have them figured out.

Fifa has its issues but overall it’s a very fun game imo. The career mode experience will be a blast for you as a first timer, although it’s in need of some updates as it’s been stale for the last few years (like all career mode sports games).

You’ll have a blast. If you have any questions always feel free to reach out! I’ve been playing since FIFA 13 so I’m well versed.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now!
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 07-22-2023, 12:39 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

My 9 year old figured the game out in about a day and now plays on World Class with default sliders. It doesn’t take much. just turn on the tutorial stuff while you play.

Last edited by Broncos86; 07-25-2023 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2023, 05:13 PM   #4
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

I never played FIFA until FIFA 12. It has a learning curve for a newbie, but it's not impossible. As someone else said, you can get away with just a few buttons on the lower skill levels as you are learning.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »