Home

How many days off, and what days off, are you taking for Madden 24 release?

This is a discussion on How many days off, and what days off, are you taking for Madden 24 release? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2023, 10:52 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon5 How many days off, and what days off, are you taking for Madden 24 release?

From my time with the Madden 24 beta, both on PC and PS5, I think it's pretty apparent this is going to be a huge year for Madden, especially since it is the last game before EA College Football drops next year. And frankly I'm so excited I can hardly wait!!

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe edition on PC and PS5, but I was wondering if I should take off Monday August 14th or Tuesday August 15th as everywhere I read it says the early version is out on August 15th, but when I pre-ordered the game on PS5 it says August 14th.

How many days are you guys taking off, and what days do you plan to take off when it drops? Just curious.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: How many days off, and what days off, are you taking for Madden 24 release?

It’s out midnight the 15th. I assume you’re west coast or central time zone which is why it says the 14th for
Old 07-17-2023, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I am not trying to be *that* guy.

I am to the point that I know there is going to be some lingering issue that makes us all scream "how could THIS gotten through testing." I feel like I spend my first day with the game just to see how much of it is the same ole, same ole: will penalties be called? Is there still psychic defense? Will AI defenders actually bite on play action pass? Does pump fake work?

Where Madden release used to be a big deal when I was younger, not so much anymore... I still go to work, pick my kid up from school and take her to whatever after school event she has going on, help the wife with dinner, clean up and all of that. By the time I am ready to relax, it's kind of late and will only play for about 20 minutes or so.

Again, for me, it's no longer really anything special anymore.
Old 07-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #4
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

One of my days off always lands on a Tuesday. No need to take a day off or use vacation for me.
Old 07-17-2023, 12:53 PM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

0....still not sure I'm even getting this game, beta was ok but nothing to jump up and down about, imo, and frankly nothing I can't already do in 23 but that's me.

I'm more excited to see ncaa football, mortal kombat and what 2k does with NBA2k24 Kobe version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2023, 01:01 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I miss the days when Madden was an annual zero-hour purchase for me. I still have memories of camping at Software Etc to pick up my copy while a pizza party ensued.

I have finally reached that stage with Madden where I am going to wait and see. I purchased Madden 23 on the day of release. I was not happy. I'll wait for some patches to come out and iron those post-launch bugs out.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My vacation begins on Friday August 18th at 12:00pm est, and ends on Monday August 28th. The fam and I will be leaving for the beach on Sunday the 20th for a week. I'm taking the X with me. So, during any down time, I'll be playing Madden 24.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:08 PM   #8
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually take 4 days off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »