Home

Does Anyone Else Hate This, and Hope They Change It Next Year?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Else Hate This, and Hope They Change It Next Year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Does Anyone Else Hate This, and Hope They Change It Next Year?

I'm brushing up on my clickbait titles, I think I did a good job on this one 👍

Anyway, anyone hate that they changed the post spin move from turbo and hold stick to direction you wanna spin, to the little circle you have to do now on the right stick?

The former now does some weird hesi move that I can't stand and can NEVER get used to.

Anyone Else in this boat 🚢⛵?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2023, 05:42 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate This, and Hope They Change It Next Year?

Absolutely & I thought it was really hit or miss in regards to the input command. I get my guy doing some really stupid stuff if not executed right. I've found that it works best when you start the half circle opposite in relation to where your guy is posting up at.

For example: if I'm on the left elbow & the rim is facing 1:00, well then ill start my semi circle at 7:00 going clockwise or counter clockwise to 1:00 depending on which side is open. Side note, don't try post spinning against defenders w post lockdown or anchor. Doesn't work.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Yea I don't know how to, or haven't practiced the post spin since it was a flick. Why make the post spin so hard when dribbling is so easy? I know you guys have seen (not to brag lol) some of the legit DUM footwork I can do on O and D, but I end up using that just turn around ani when I'm trying to spin. Stick dunk is a contact ani regardless, in many cases, and it's just tapping. We're not trying to do Zangief's 360 pile driver here, we just wanna do a normal spin.

If it was a multi input like flick-spin and then you had to input to do another move and get around people, it would be different. I mean, I can get to the rim with the weird spin they give you, haha, but it's harder. It should be timing of releasing buttons and pressing the way you wanna spin ONLY and if people know it's coming, they should be able to cut it off. That's all you need for balance. IMO.

-Smak
Old 07-06-2023, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Yea I don't know how to, or haven't practiced the post spin since it was a flick. Why make the post spin so hard when dribbling is so easy? I know you guys have seen (not to brag lol) some of the legit DUM footwork I can do on O and D, but I end up using that just turn around ani when I'm trying to spin. Stick dunk is a contact ani regardless, in many cases, and it's just tapping. We're not trying to do Zangief's 360 pile driver here, we just wanna do a normal spin.

If it was a multi input like flick-spin and then you had to input to do another move and get around people, it would be different. I mean, I can get to the rim with the weird spin they give you, haha, but it's harder. It should be timing of releasing buttons and pressing the way you wanna spin ONLY and if people know it's coming, they should be able to cut it off. That's all you need for balance. IMO.

-Smak
I feel like it'd make more sense if they swapped the two commands from OP around

Edit: oh wait I am OP. Don't do drugs kids

Last edited by MakaveliLPC; 07-06-2023 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 09:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

The gamepad controls need a complete overhaul. I created a topic about this more than a month ago, in which I proposed a solution, but nobody here has replied (I've had more success on the discord). I'll give you the link if you're interested, but be aware that my solution contains errors that I haven't updated yet.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a2k-games.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2023, 06:03 AM   #6
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Personally love how it is now. Got people in the spin cycle using Hakeem.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
I feel like it'd make more sense if they swapped the two commands from OP around

Edit: oh wait I am OP. Don't do drugs kids

Drugs have their purpose but LOL at wait. Esp because you are correcting yourself. That's brutal. It's great to be able to laugh at yourself. I do it a lot, and it keeps me grounded. Cuz I do some mad stupid stuff, too.

But I just don't see why the circle motion exists either as a spin w/ ball or spin in post. It's just not that effective of a move. If it was a massively OP move, it would make sense, but the input is way harder than the effect. Like I said before, I can get to any spot w/ one dribble basically, or what is effectively one dribble, the ball leaving your hands so you can 'move,' spins are fun, for sure, but lag and everything... it's just too complex. We be doing wild thangs on the sticks, minute adjustments of our player position, weird glitch dribbles, and now you say we gotta do a freaking circle on the L stick? I have NEVER done a circle on L stick in basketball until 2k/Live whatever decided that it needed to be a move. It's a joke.

Makes more sense that if you have the ratings your player will do that with an easier input. I mean UP DOWN (honestly I still dunno the true input of stick dunk, but that's what works for me) would be fine? Away toward, you know, for spin? The away could be your MJ "feeling people with your back" sort of post move and then you'd go diagonal whichever way you wanted to spin. That makes so much more sense. Like I said making a circle in 2k is mind blowing. I dunno if anyone in my 2k23 defensive career has effectively spun off me either in the post haha. And the highest I got is bronze anchor on anyone. My big has like 75 post D or something haha.

-Smak
Old 07-09-2023, 09:09 AM   #8
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Makes perfect sense to me. To spin off a defender, you spin the stick. A simple quarter spin of the right stick either way and you're golden.

Anything less, and we're essentially just dumbing things down. Much like the new Street Fighter 6 this year - plethora of casuals treated to a simplified control scheme, now playing like demi Gods. Devs bowing down to casuals because they won't take the time to learn the game and want all the shortcuts.

Not saying that's the case here, but a small motion manoeuvre on the stick isn't a deal breaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »