Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Performance Mode 60 FPS in Latest Update - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Performance Mode 60 FPS in Latest Update - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2023, 11:48 AM   #1
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Performance Mode 60 FPS in Latest Update - Patch Notes

EA Sports PGA Tour patch 4.5 was released today adding Performance Mode, which allows Xbox Series...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2023, 12:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Patch 4.5 Notes - Adds 60 FPS Performance Mode

@onlookerdelay

JC -- What do you think?

Game changer?

Acceptable trade off on quality?
Old 06-27-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd like to know if they optimized anything on PC with these performance tweaks. The game should run way better than it does.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
@onlookerdelay

JC -- What do you think?

Game changer?

Acceptable trade off on quality?
Just now hearing of it and downloading it. It'll be about 16 minutes before it finishes downloading. I'll report back when I get a few holes behind me. If they didn't also raise the governor on the swing speed animation, I don't think it's going to help much with the feel.

I'm excited to try it though... they've had enough time to make all the changes needed to make this really pay off, IMO.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'd like to know if they optimized anything on PC with these performance tweaks. The game should run way better than it does.
I've still got 50 minutes left on my trial with the PC version. I'll try it tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2023, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro

First impressions on 60fps:

I've played 3 holes at Banff, and 3 holes at LACC in performance mode. Definitely notice more frames in the animations and as the ball is in flight, it's smoother for sure. So far I've only seen a couple of very small instances of stuff drawing in, like maybe a bush or some leaves popping in at the end of the flight. Trees still look about the same, and I'm not having any problems or noticing any differences in being able to see the details of the greens or the beads.

Absolutely no difference, to me, of how it affects the swing animation as far as it feeling more sped up or with less delay.

All in all, first impression is...meh. If I hadn't noticed there was a patch overnight and just started playing, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference one way or the other. Great that they did it though, and the more I play on performance mode maybe I'll decide it's worth it to leave it on because it's definitely smoother, not that it wasn't smooth in the first place. Good to see they are still working things and I'm really looking forward to choosing rounds and turn play, and more online modes more than 60fps.

Update--I'm definitely liking performance mode. I finished both rounds (Banff and LACC). It has a similar "feel" to it like when 2k upgraded theirs. The game just flows more smoothly, and what's odd, actually looks more hi res than before. Again I'm sure there are some things drawing in here and there on the sides, with the bushes and stuff, but I'm not seeing any degradation of the grass and trees, and just overall everything looks a bit deeper, richer, and without a doubt more polished and smooth when the ball is in flight, doing flyovers, zooming for shot aiming, etc.

I'm a fan of it unless it starts to get ugly on other courses. What are one or two courses that have the most objects and load on the PS5 to really test it out? Trying to think of a couple...

Last edited by golfnut67; 06-27-2023 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:57 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
First impressions on 60fps:

I've played 3 holes at Banff, and 3 holes at LACC in performance mode. Definitely notice more frames in the animations and as the ball is in flight, it's smoother for sure. So far I've only seen a couple of very small instances of stuff drawing in, like maybe a bush or some leaves popping in at the end of the flight. Trees still look about the same, and I'm not having any problems or noticing any differences in being able to see the details of the greens or the beads.

Absolutely no difference, to me, of how it affects the swing animation as far as it feeling more sped up or with less delay.

All in all, first impression is...meh. If I hadn't noticed there was a patch overnight and just started playing, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference one way or the other. Great that they did it though, and the more I play on performance mode maybe I'll decide it's worth it to leave it on because it's definitely smoother, not that it wasn't smooth in the first place. Good to see they are still working things and I'm really looking forward to choosing rounds and turn play, and more online modes more than 60fps.

Update--I'm definitely liking performance mode. I finished both rounds (Banff and LACC). It has a similar "feel" to it like when 2k upgraded theirs. The game just flows more smoothly, and what's odd, actually looks more hi res than before. Again I'm sure there are some things drawing in here and there on the sides, with the bushes and stuff, but I'm not seeing any degradation of the grass and trees, and just overall everything looks a bit deeper, richer, and without a doubt more polished and smooth when the ball is in flight, doing flyovers, zooming for shot aiming, etc.

I'm a fan of it unless it starts to get ugly on other courses. What are one or two courses that have the most objects and load on the PS5 to really test it out? Trying to think of a couple...
Augusta bogs down for me. Lots of foliage and shadows to draw.
Old 06-27-2023, 03:03 PM   #8
Pro

Ya Augusta...I thought of that first right after I posted that. I'll try that next.

And shoot 6 over lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »