Home

f1 23 PS5 Losing sound

This is a discussion on f1 23 PS5 Losing sound within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2023, 08:28 AM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
f1 23 PS5 Losing sound

As stated in title, I was racing Bahrain and with 4 laps to go, I lost all engine noise. I could pause, go to audio settings move master volume up/down and go back to race and it would fade out after a few seconds. Made it impossible to finish the race. I really rely on engine noise. I had no problem in all 3 practices, or Q1, Q2. Just during the race.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2023, 09:27 AM   #2
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
f1 23 PS5 Losing sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
As stated in title, I was racing Bahrain and with 4 laps to go, I lost all engine noise. I could pause, go to audio settings move master volume up/down and go back to race and it would fade out after a few seconds. Made it impossible to finish the race. I really rely on engine noise. I had no problem in all 3 practices, or Q1, Q2. Just during the race.

I’ve played over 50 hours already. Have done 10 full Grand Prix weekends, as well as a bunch of custom Grand Prix to find the right difficulty for me. I haven’t had this happen once. I’m also on PS5 btw.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Re: f1 23 PS5 Losing sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I’ve played over 50 hours already. Have done 10 full Grand Prix weekends, as well as a bunch of custom Grand Prix to find the right difficulty for me. I haven’t had this happen once. I’m also on PS5 btw.
Thanks TC for the response.

Ive been through another race weekend, TT, F1 world Grand Prix (same finding the sweet spot difficulty), fooling around letting the kids and wife race in TT and havent had it happen again.

I dont know what it was. I even created another my career and went through Bahrain week again and ran whole week and was fine. Might have just been a hiccup.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Last edited by forme95; 06-26-2023 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Thanks TC for the response.

Ive been through another race weekend, TT, F1 world Grand Prix (same finding the sweet spot difficulty), fooling around letting the kids and wife race in TT and havent had it happen again.

I dont know what it was. I even created another my career and went through Bahrain week again and ran whole week and was fine. Might have just been a hiccup.

Yeah sounds like it was probably just a one off.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Johnny_Montesinos's Arena

Quote:
Wow same here, happened about an hour ago, same track, and about the same amount of race left, Ps5 my team career, 100% race, about 4 or 5 laps left, sound went, that's why I came on this forum to see if it happened to anyone else. never happened any other time before today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2023, 08:12 AM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Montesinos
Wow same here, happened about an hour ago, same track, and about the same amount of race left, Ps5 my team career, 100% race, about 4 or 5 laps left, sound went, that's why I came on this forum to see if it happened to anyone else. never happened any other time before today.
I did go into my PS setting and changed the sound output. I have a 5.1 theatre system. May want to look at that and see if everything looks ok. It was a one off for me. Never had it happen after that. As stated, might just be a weird odd hiccup.

Old 06-27-2023, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Johnny_Montesinos's Arena

Icon14 Re: f1 23 PS5 Losing sound

Quote:
I did go into my PS setting and changed the sound output. I have a 5.1 theatre system. May want to look at that and see if everything looks ok. It was a one off for me. Never had it happen after that. As stated, might just be a weird odd hiccup.
Ahh ok thanks I will look into that.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:10 AM   #8
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have a question. On PS5. How do I confirm when setting up for my pit stop if I want to add downforce lets say. I bring up the pit stop window, highlight downforce, toggle left or right to increase/decrease, and then ......... what do I hit to say do this?
Or if my strategist changes my strategy and it pops up and I am ok with it ....... I do what to say yes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »