Home

SMB 4 Ego system

This is a discussion on SMB 4 Ego system within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2023, 11:14 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
SMB 4 Ego system

With my frustration with MLB 23 that I have shelved for the year I wanted to try out this game. It looked fun and it's something different to enjoy. Never played this game before so I have no clue what ego I need to be at yet.

Which is hitting? The bat? I assume the baseball is pitching difficulty? There is no explanation for any of this so unsure which one I'm adjusting. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2023, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: SMB 4 Ego system

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
With my frustration with MLB 23 that I have shelved for the year I wanted to try out this game. It looked fun and it's something different to enjoy. Never played this game before so I have no clue what ego I need to be at yet.

Which is hitting? The bat? I assume the baseball is pitching difficulty? There is no explanation for any of this so unsure which one I'm adjusting. Thanks!

I'd start with the universal Ego for all the abilities first. Play some 3-inning games starting at 15 or 30 and go from there.

Once you think you have the hang of the controls, Pennant Race is a good place to find out where you are really at. After 5 games, it will assign you an ego, and then adjust it every week as you play. I mostly keep my offline Ego the same so I am used to the speed of the game, and really, how much it affects defense.

Otherwise, you just have to experiment. Sometimes small jumps can have a large effect. I'm currently playing on 61 Ego, because that is where PR put me. I don't think that is accurate, as early on it will fluctuate a lot. But the higher Ego you play on, the better the pool of players you get to play with.

So I'm trying to get used to it before jumping back in, because I would kind of like to stay that high. In SMB3, I don't think I hit 60 Ego, staying mostly in the mid 50s.

One thing I really liked about PR was that you could go into a slump, and when your Ego drops, you get relegated to a lower division the next week. After fighting like hell to avoid it, you then get to feast on some lower Ego guys for a week while you fight to push it higher.

I turn off the text chat, and it just feels like playing really smart AI. It's the only online sports game I really enjoy. It plays as tight and fun as offline, and the ladder system is perfect.

I bounce back and forth between PR and playing my franchise at whatever Ego the game has me at. I'm currently struggling to stay over .500 at 61 Ego, so this is pretty fun.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I think if you go to the in game manual (glossary), it explains it all in detail.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabCity
I'd start with the universal Ego for all the abilities first. Play some 3-inning games starting at 15 or 30 and go from there.

Once you think you have the hang of the controls, Pennant Race is a good place to find out where you are really at. After 5 games, it will assign you an ego, and then adjust it every week as you play. I mostly keep my offline Ego the same so I am used to the speed of the game, and really, how much it affects defense.

Otherwise, you just have to experiment. Sometimes small jumps can have a large effect. I'm currently playing on 61 Ego, because that is where PR put me. I don't think that is accurate, as early on it will fluctuate a lot. But the higher Ego you play on, the better the pool of players you get to play with.

So I'm trying to get used to it before jumping back in, because I would kind of like to stay that high. In SMB3, I don't think I hit 60 Ego, staying mostly in the mid 50s.

One thing I really liked about PR was that you could go into a slump, and when your Ego drops, you get relegated to a lower division the next week. After fighting like hell to avoid it, you then get to feast on some lower Ego guys for a week while you fight to push it higher.

I turn off the text chat, and it just feels like playing really smart AI. It's the only online sports game I really enjoy. It plays as tight and fun as offline, and the ladder system is perfect.

I bounce back and forth between PR and playing my franchise at whatever Ego the game has me at. I'm currently struggling to stay over .500 at 61 Ego, so this is pretty fun.
Excellent advice! Going to start up a pennant race now. That's pretty cool it sets your difficulty for you as you play more. Sounds like you match up vs equally skilled players too so the games will be enjoyable.

Old 06-16-2023, 02:11 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

So played my first pennant race game. Started me at 30 ego. Chose team Nemesis and won 6-3 after a 3 run homerun top 5th in a tied 3-3 game. That was a lot of fun! Next game I'm now 34 ego vs a guy with 37 ego.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 06-16-2023 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2023, 08:46 PM   #6
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
So played my first pennant race game. Started me at 30 ego. Chose team Nemesis and won 6-3 after a 3 run homerun top 5th in a tied 3-3 game. That was a lot of fun! Next game I'm now 34 ego vs a guy with 37 ego.

The online play in this game is amazing. It is so smooth and seamless. I love how quick the games are, too.

Definitely agree with DabCity's enthusiasm regardling the online play. No microtransactions, nor really any cheese that I'm aware of. Just a ton of fun.

I love knowing that I can get blown out one game but come back the next game with a W just because the game seems to balance itself out when it comes to the matchmaking. Lots of value, fun and replayability in that!
Old 06-17-2023, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Is there a league below Junior? I'm 4-7 in this league and last in the standings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »