Home

Which Career Mode is better?

This is a discussion on Which Career Mode is better? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0
Which Career Mode is better?

I’ve played the trial for EA golf and the career is ok, but I find there isn’t much to it. Haven’t played 2k23, just wondering how career mode compares to EA’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2023, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Which Career Mode is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
I’ve played the trial for EA golf and the career is ok, but I find there isn’t much to it. Haven’t played 2k23, just wondering how career mode compares to EA’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Full-disclosure - I have not played EA's game, but have watched a fair number of career mode videos for EA's game from ApexHound.

I will say that 2K23's career mode is pretty bare bones and doesn't offer a whole lot.

EA has the majors, which is a huge factor. They also have the sponsor challenges you can do when not playing event rounds.

2K23 has more of the real life Tour events (like the John Deere Classic and the 3M Open), but it is missing the real majors. And outside of event rounds, there is nothing else to do in 2K's career.

2K does have rivals and sponsors in career mode, but those are basically used to just get more cosmetic items and some fittings and such. Once you beat all the sponsors, you don't get any more. And once you beat all the rivals, you just keep replaying them all over and over again for small rewards like VC or fittings.

2K does allow you to swap courses in career mode for non-real events...but you have to choose courses that 2K puts in a curated list. You cannot use any of the thousands of user-made courses from the game in career mode.

And, just like EA's game, 2K23's career mode requires a constant online connection to work.

So, since I haven't played EA's game, I can't really say which one is actually "better". But I can imagine that, if EA's career mode was underwhelming for you, 2K's won't be any more compelling since there's even less to do in it.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 06-14-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:54 AM   #3
Pro

Closing words on the above post sum it up.

If you don’t or didn’t like EA career you’ll definitely do well to give the 2K game a miss.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:25 AM   #4
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

From what I have seen EA has a much better career mode but even that after a while is gonna get stale.
Old 06-16-2023, 07:37 AM   #5
Rookie

A lot of what has been said above is true. What I've been doing recently is rotate between the two in terms of career mode. The presentation of EA PGA Tour is pretty great, playing 4 rounds can be a bit of a chore (i'd prefer two, for a cut) However yesterday in 2k23 I played 3 full rounds at the Legends Championship, 2K's version of The Masters (with a fictional course, which isn't so bad) and had fun with it, Tiger Woods slaughtered me in the second, I just couldn't catch him in the third
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »