Home

I Played 2 Games in My Franchise Today; A 46PT win, and 27PT Loss

This is a discussion on I Played 2 Games in My Franchise Today; A 46PT win, and 27PT Loss within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-03-2023, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5

First off, I'm a sim head and I only play offline vs AI

It's 1994 in my franchise and the last two games I played are an example of why I'm having so much fun with this year's game.

The randomness of any given game.

I can actually lose by 27 and not feel cheated, or win by 46 and feel like I played my *** off instead of feeling like the AI is just *** and/or stupid like in past games.

Speaking of past games I've always felt like if it was too hard I'd lose every game, if I had a good set of sliders, every game would be close, or if it was too easy I'd blow out the AI every game. The balance I'm getting this year in this game and (with some tweaks of the sliders, of course), I'm having the most fun I've ever had with any 2K period. I know I'm probably in the minority, but aside from a few things I like the direction 2K is going, with gameplay at least.

Is nobody else feeling the game as much as me this year lol and getting balanced outcomes to games in franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2023, 09:38 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The variety is refreshing to me….it seems to bother some though…

IMO, If you want every game to play out the same you may as well play a basketball text sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 06-04-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2023, 11:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I Played 2 Games in My Franchise Today; A 46PT win, and 27PT Loss

The game is humming for me right now and has been for a while now. I'm seeing a similar variance and I'm having a lot of fun in my Eras franchise.

The big thing for me is the sense of fairness I've broadly felt. In games I've lost, I felt I could point to my own realistic mistakes or roster shortcomings, as opposed to feeling frustrated by magical recovery defense, ball-warping, and unrealistic shot making.

The coolest thing is that I've found myself really having to lock in and play smart basketball in order to win some games. That investment is super refreshing and makes those games go by quickly because every possession feels valuable (contrary to one of the post-patch adjustment periods earlier this year that led to me blowing out the computer by 40 each game).

Has definitely been a fun ride of late.
Old 06-05-2023, 05:31 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I agree. But I will say I’ve started taking control of CPU and making them go out of bounds whenever my AI cheeses and makes me pass to the wrong person who is in traffic (leading to a steal) when I clearly intent to pass to someone open ready for a good look. It seeks the ai always hits a 3 whenever that happens. So ever since I cut down on it I’m not seeing as many blowouts by them.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I agree. But I will say I’ve started taking control of CPU and making them go out of bounds whenever my AI cheeses and makes me pass to the wrong person who is in traffic (leading to a steal) when I clearly intent to pass to someone open ready for a good look. It seeks the ai always hits a 3 whenever that happens. So ever since I cut down on it I’m not seeing as many blowouts by them.
When they cheese I just cheese right back lol.

Safe to say final patch is out? Last year at this time I believe was final patch. I was waiting for final patch to start playing again due to the constant changes in gameplay and shooting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2023, 10:45 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
When they cheese I just cheese right back lol.

Safe to say final patch is out? Last year at this time I believe was final patch. I was waiting for final patch to start playing again due to the constant changes in gameplay and shooting.
Same lol.

The game is gonna stay frozen hopefully and it feels pretty perfect to me. I don’t even want another 2K cause the changes forcing me to arduously retune it is hellish. It feels like good real basketball for the most part now.

But it’s still not as authentic as original launch I don’t think. I’ve had to detune or boost cheese via sliders for both me and CPU to get it to feel just right and even then, the formula is fairly predictive like previous 2K’s always have been. They managed to undo all that when this game launched but we just have to accept every 2K will eventually use their same cheese formula forever.

But some stuff is also perhaps improved since launch. So it goes both ways.

Overall I’m fine with where it is. Gameplay wise I won’t really desire anything 2K24 provides. Especially since inevitable AI advancements which 2K22 and 2K23 had at launch will be undone. Once you really tune player sigs and accessories and give everyone motion styles that are similar to them, the game feels very dynamic and fluid.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:59 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
First off, I'm a sim head and I only play offline vs AI

It's 1994 in my franchise and the last two games I played are an example of why I'm having so much fun with this year's game.

The randomness of any given game.

I can actually lose by 27 and not feel cheated, or win by 46 and feel like I played my *** off instead of feeling like the AI is just *** and/or stupid like in past games.

Speaking of past games I've always felt like if it was too hard I'd lose every game, if I had a good set of sliders, every game would be close, or if it was too easy I'd blow out the AI every game. The balance I'm getting this year in this game and (with some tweaks of the sliders, of course), I'm having the most fun I've ever had with any 2K period. I know I'm probably in the minority, but aside from a few things I like the direction 2K is going, with gameplay at least.

Is nobody else feeling the game as much as me this year lol and getting balanced outcomes to games in franchise?
I had a game the other night where I went up 20-2 to start. I almost thought I should start over at a higher difficulty. But next thing I knew, I was tied 44-44. I did finally pull away, but that's because I fouled out Patrick Ewing by sending Shaq and Penny to the hoop.

Last edited by DabCity; 06-08-2023 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:02 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I don't. The crap passes are part of basketball. Where I intended is irrelevant. No one intends to throw a crappy pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »