Home

Match to October --> Franchise

This is a discussion on Match to October --> Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

We just welcomed our 2nd daughter to this world so I haven't had a chance to dive into this year's game but hoping to change that this wekeend.

Normally I play franchise exclusively but I do enjoy the roster building aspect of franchise as well.

With limited time now a days to game, I'm thinking of doing a MTO with a rebuilding team which I then can swap over to to a franchise either 2 or 3 years down the road.

Has anyone done this approach? Pros and cons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2023, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Match to October --> Franchise

I'm really enjoying MTO. I thought I'd be like you and switch to Franchise, but I like how you're limited in MTO. I've always found it too easy to manipulate in franchise and build a juggernaut. Here you only get a handful of trade offers per season and you can't adjust them, you either take it or leave it. Similar restriction with call-ups, scouting, free agency. I do miss having some of the control that franchise affords, but imo it's worth it to have to grind a little longer. My main negative is the streaks have entirely too much of an impact. No amount of hot streaking should get the A's to the postseason this year.
Old 05-19-2023, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Didn’t try MTO this year but in previous they had no injuries in MTO.

I hate injuries in my Franchise but at same time it’s part of the game and a huge variable in decision making for trades and recalls.

Is it in ‘23 ?
Old 05-22-2023, 08:29 AM   #4
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4

Nope, still no injuries unforturnately.
Old 05-22-2023, 05:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

I have played an entire MTO season in 20, 21 (2x), & 22 so I can speak on those experiences.

Think of it as a story mode rather than a faster franchise. Yes, there are shared elements, but your trading, call up, and drafting experiences are heavily guided. You’ll get 3 choices a few times each season, that’s it.

It’s certainly possible to *not* win the World Series, but success is slanted in your favor, both in sims and gameplay. High difficulties are noticeably easier than in other modes.

The gameplay scenarios are essentially the same as “critical situations” from Franchise, so if you like those, this is for you.

The largest benefit is the ability to play a season in a short amount of time while still influencing every game through the streaks mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »