Home

Scouting Advice

This is a discussion on Scouting Advice within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-15-2023, 07:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scouting Advice

I’ve not long got the show on ps5 and it’s my first one with this new scouting system. Does anyone have any advice or tips for the best and most effective scouting. I ran a test with the giants and I only managed to get 1 of my players to sign so I’m obviously doing something very wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Scouting Advice

When it comes to signing guys, I start out making offers to guys with over 50% interest and I never low ball them. You can usually knock out a few right away and then start adding guys less than 50% to build up their interest. The quicker you get the guys over 50% out of the way the quicker you can start building up the interest of the other guys
Old 05-16-2023, 03:43 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I need some tips on this as well. Running with Pirates so it's absolutely vital I DON'T MISS with my #1 pick. Mad I already missed scouting the first Sunday lol. Just can't get used to that yet.

Anyone find a scouting strategy that works best?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-17-2023, 12:09 AM   #4
Rookie

For the scouts, make sure you get ones with high efficiency. I like to have one scout that has high pitcher proficiency and one with high position players. The last one could be either one or well rounded depending on your needs. I don’t really try to get ones with high discovery because the discover prospects option isn’t usually worth it (in my opinion).

Scouting pitchers is a whole lot easier than scouting position players in my opinion. In the first week of scouting, go to the scout prospect option and see what region has the most high rank prospects at your desired position. If you find a lot of good starting pitchers from the midwest for example, send your pitching scout to scout position and select starting pitchers from the midwest region. It’ll take around 8 to 10 weeks to fully scout around 20 pitchers per region if you use this method, so it’s well worth it.

The scout position option works a lot better with starters than position players I’ve found. Finding good position players is a lot harder because there seems to be a lot less high potential prospects. I don’t usually use the scout position option for them, I just use scout prospect on the ones I think might be good. I look for prospects with good hitting stats over the fielding/speed attributes.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:10 AM   #5
Just started!

Can anyone tell me ...

Can anyone tell me with 100% certainty if Texas is considered WEST or CENTRAL for scouting multiple players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2023, 01:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Re: Can anyone tell me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE34
Can anyone tell me with 100% certainty if Texas is considered WEST or CENTRAL for scouting multiple players?
Texas in Central according to MLB the Show standards
Old 05-20-2023, 02:20 AM   #7
Rookie

fuhrsy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaman615
Texas in Central according to MLB the Show standards
Is there a cheat sheet that anyone knows of that breaks down what state is in what region? I don't live in the states so I've been staring at a map but I find some states could be either or

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2023, 03:07 AM   #8
Rookie

fuhrsy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrsy
Is there a cheat sheet that anyone knows of that breaks down what state is in what region? I don't live in the states so I've been staring at a map but I find some states could be either or

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
These are the states im unsure about:

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Michigan
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
South Carolina
South Dakota