Home

Outfielders with no sense of urgency?

This is a discussion on Outfielders with no sense of urgency? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-07-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Outfielders with no sense of urgency?

For whatever reason, this year it seems like OF’s have no sense of urgency trying to gun down a runner.

They are extremely ****** when it comes to throwing a runner out at the plate. Seems like it takes them 5 seconds from receipt of the ball to throw it.

Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2023, 12:58 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Outfielders with no sense of urgency?

Are you preloading your throws?

I'm not experiencing a delay in outfielders getting the ball and getting rid of it, when I preload throws to a base.

Here's Jordan Walker throwing out a runner at home

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-07-2023, 01:03 PM   #3
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Are you preloading your throws?

I'm not experiencing a delay in outfielders getting the ball and getting rid of it, when I preload throws to a base.

Here's Jordan Walker throwing out a runner at home

Yep! Always preloading. Here's an example.... not the best but it's happened in the game I'm currently in. A lot of these guys do the little step back behind their lead leg and it just looks a little lazy to me. I see it a lot in CF as well.

On this play, the Marlins had a guy with 50 Speed score from 2B on a ball hit to LF. Seems like that should never happen unless the throw is way off line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-LmZUKzH8c
Old 05-07-2023, 01:41 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don’t really see anything erroneous about that play. The runner was going on the hit, the fielder got the ball, gathered and threw and it was a fairly close play.

I don’t view that as a delay due to lack of urgency but rather a half second delay in release so fielder could get feet set to throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-08-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

I have noticed the same thing. I've always preloaded the throw but this year there definitely seems to be a delay or as you said lack of urgency in throws from the outfield. I can understand off target throws especially if the fielder is rushed to get the ball in but they seemingly are out there just to play catch.

I would even be fine with it if a delay in throwing was tied to fielding rating but I've had gold fielders do this. It can be super frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2023, 10:59 AM   #6
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I have Baserunner Speed turned down from default 5 to 4 and Outfielder Arm Strength turned up from 5 to 6 and I'm happy now with how those two settings work together.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I mentioned this another thread, but the fielding as a whole seems to have gotten worse with the patch. The CPU is making a lot more throwing errors than they did the first few weeks before release. From release up until this patch I didn’t see many throwing errors from the CPU, now I am seeing a couple a game.

Also, turning double plays feels a lot slower now as well. The second baseman/shortstop seems to turn the second throw fine, but the initial toss from my player receiving the grounder seems to have a weird delay more often than not. To the point where turning double plays is like a 50/50 proposition for me, even with average speed players. Yes, even on preloaded throws

Granted, small sample size as I have only played about 10 games since this latest patch, but something feels just a bit off in my honest opinion

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »