Home

Madden23: Help with Running/Sacks - Slow Sim

This is a discussion on Madden23: Help with Running/Sacks - Slow Sim within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-05-2023, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden23: Help with Running/Sacks - Slow Sim

I play exclusively slow sim franchise mode - 12 min quarters with 15 sec runoff.

My goal is to have stats be realistic, all types of players valid, and for it to match with the non-player teams which I am not slow simming.

The issue I have is with rushing and sacks.

Rushing: Occasionally a RB will go off for a 150 yard game but normally its 12 carries 18 yards, etc.

Sacks: I have a rookie QB and a horrible front 7 on defense but good OL. However we are consistently giving up 5 sacks a game and getting 3-4 myself. A lot of them are from the QB's holding the ball too long.

What would you suggest I adjust my sliders to to fix these two problems?

Current Sliders:
QB Accuracy: 55
Pass blocking: 60
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 80
Fumbles: 55
Pass Defense Reaction: 55
Interceptions: 40
Pass Coverage: 55
Tackling: 55
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden23: Help with Running/Sacks - Slow Sim

What skill level are you playing on ?

I tend to play/sim on all pro - just because I fell the animations tend to be more life like.

Not sure other then playing further with sliders how to fix the rushing inconsistence - however something that I found helped reduce the number of sacks I was taking as well as the other team - I went in and edited 1 attribute for all the QBS - The "Throw Ball Away" - I set it to yes for all QBs -

I was doing a Texans rebuild and Mills Davis was getting sacked 6 to 8 times a game - After 3 games he had been sacked 20 plus times - I went in and started looking through his attributes and found his Throw Ball Away was set to "NO" - after changing to "YES" it drastically reduced the number of sacks he was taking per game - Some games its 2 or 3 sacks - some games have been 0 sacks - Its not perfect by any means, but it could help the problem some.

You may also want to pay around with the QBs "Sense Pressure" attribute as well - this can make them "More' or "Less" aware of the pressure and increase or decrease when they throw the ball away, attempt to scramble or attempt to pass the ball.

Just some things I have messed with the make the game more realistic for myself.

Cage

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »