Home

Universe Mode - Match Making

This is a discussion on Universe Mode - Match Making within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
Universe Mode - Match Making

Is there any logic to how the computer scheduled matches for the weekly shows? For example, you would think it is based of Division Rankings, however, it doesn't seem to usually happen that way. I would think normally the top 2-3 wrestlers in a division would be in a rivalry heading into a PLE to face maybe the Champion??

I had Brock as #1 in the Division Rankings and the CPU had him in a rivalry with one of the bottom wrestlers.

Thanks for any advice or pointers on how match making is done by CPU or ideas for custom Match Making?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Universe Mode - Match Making

Though I have 22, my guess is the logic is still similar in that there really isn't much logic from what I can tell.

It works from the power rankings and such a bit it seems, but it seems very random.

I also know that rivalries plays a role in it as well as the match type card setup or what not. I forget what it's called exactly.

Honestly, I manually book all of my matches as opposed to letting the game do it.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-09-2023, 03:04 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Not sure if I can post the youtube link here, so do a search for this:

How To Fix Universe Mode In WWE 2k23
BeachBumBob

It's a good video on how to get Universe to work properly including rivalries, tag teams, etc.
Old 05-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Not sure if I can post the youtube link here, so do a search for this:

How To Fix Universe Mode In WWE 2k23
BeachBumBob

It's a good video on how to get Universe to work properly including rivalries, tag teams, etc.
Yes, I have watched the video also, seems like a lot of work. Has anybody else tried these fixes?

https://youtu.be/CgM_bo-VqCA
Old 05-11-2023, 09:13 AM   #5
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Yes, I have watched the video also, seems like a lot of work. Has anybody else tried these fixes?

https://youtu.be/CgM_bo-VqCA
Very small sample size since I recently discovered that guy's video and channel.

It's not as much work as it seems. So far, yes, it's working better. I did a "chair attack save" rivalry action and as a test, I manually assigned an ally prior to the match under the MyUniverse>>>superstars tabs; that ally was the one that did the saving. Only match I've tried with a third party booked one of my NXT CAWs vs Breakker and I wasn't mad about that.

TBH, I do wish 2k or someone could find some sort of logic or explanation and maybe we'll collectively find a work-around. In what's become my secondary universe, I didn't do the steps from BeachBytes and I can't even do tag rivalry actions because I either end up with some non-sense random team or worse a Frankenstein team of two tag stars but not from the same team (ie Woods and Ivar instead of either New Day or the Viking Raiders).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »