Home

Spring Training and weather ???

This is a discussion on Spring Training and weather ??? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-01-2023, 05:07 PM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Spring Training and weather ???

Does Spring Training actually have ANY relevance on the actual season? For instance. Take a team and go through Spring training. Then with the exact same team, play spring training again. ANY difference in the regular season?

Does Rain acutely do ANYTHING besides make the screen cluttery?

Can a home run call be ANY more boring?

Last edited by Grinder12000; 05-01-2023 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Spring Training and weather ???

In general prob not but for me it does. I use dynamic difficulty and I use spring to set my level for pitching/hitting for the season.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:06 PM   #3
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Does Spring Training actually have ANY relevance on the actual season? For instance. Take a team and go through Spring training. Then with the exact same team, play spring training again. ANY difference in the regular season?

Does Rain acutely do ANYTHING besides make the screen cluttery?

Can a home run call be ANY more boring?
1. Not really....but neither does real spring training

2. It's mostly cosmetic. There's a little bit of commentary about it and a chance you may get a rain delay

3. Don't know which call you are talking about....but the answer is probably yes. There are some boring announcers out there

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 05-02-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
3. Don't know which call you are talking about....but the answer is probably yes. There are some boring announcers out there
I think the audio presentation has gone backwards - these are the most boring announcers ever. After listening to the AMAZING NHL broadcasters in the EA game you this would be better
Old 05-02-2023, 09:19 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Its great for storylines if you like that stuff. Position battles if any. Players that may be during the season you decide to call up that you might not have without seeing them first. End of spring, you can choose who you want to send down instead of the cpu just leaving the higher rated players up.
As an example, I sent down a 68 RP and kept a 56 RP up because he did good in spring. Kept him up for most of the season and turned out pretty good.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2023, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
In general prob not but for me it does. I use dynamic difficulty and I use spring to set my level for pitching/hitting for the season.
Same! I usually start a "throw-away" franchise while waiting for the first roster and ratings updates and to set my dynamic difficulty levels while getting my groove back. Started ST losing 5 in a row before going on a streak. Skipped to the last game so I could finish ST, then overwrote the save with my new franchise.

As for the announcers? Yeah, they're all around kind of meh. I want to like them but even in year two, still the same recycled lines and bad attempts at humor. Lines that have no relevance to the actual happenings. Kind of monotonous.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:26 AM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
As for the announcers? Yeah, they're all around kind of meh. I want to like them but even in year two, still the same recycled lines and bad attempts at humor. Lines that have no relevance to the actual happenings. Kind of monotonous.
I usually listen to commentary for about 10 games, then I switch sound to "on the field" for the rest of the season(s)

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 05-02-2023, 07:04 PM   #8
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
I think the audio presentation has gone backwards - these are the most boring announcers ever. After listening to the AMAZING NHL broadcasters in the EA game you this would be better
I think that's just the nature of hockey being such a fast-paced sport as opposed to baseball where there is so much down time built in.

Maybe it's because he is the Cubs announcer now, but I've really grown to like Boog's style of play-by-play and I think it plays pretty well in the Show.

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »