Home

Old 04-27-2023, 08:53 AM   #1
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Rain Delays

I've been playing this game for I don't know how many years and I still don't understand what to do when the game resumes from a rain delay. My only options are to keep my starter in (which most of the time they are tired) or Warm up a reliever. But once you hit warm up a reliever you're stuck in the bullpen screen and can't go back. The only option is to put in a cold reliever. There's no good options. I had a great competitive game going yesterday that blew up in my face because I had to put in a cold LR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2023, 09:21 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Rain Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I've been playing this game for I don't know how many years and I still don't understand what to do when the game resumes from a rain delay. My only options are to keep my starter in (which most of the time they are tired) or Warm up a reliever. But once you hit warm up a reliever you're stuck in the bullpen screen and can't go back. The only option is to put in a cold reliever. There's no good options. I had a great competitive game going yesterday that blew up in my face because I had to put in a cold LR.

When you bring in a reliever after a rain delay, you don’t have to warm them up, just put them in the game. The game simulates that he is warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-27-2023, 09:23 AM   #3
Rookie

SaltLakeBrave's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
When you bring in a reliever after a rain delay, you don’t have to warm them up, just put them in the game. The game simulates that he is warm

I didn’t know that. That’s good information

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-27-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

So my reliever just sucked or other reasons?
Old 04-27-2023, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
So my reliever just sucked or other reasons?
Yeah they must have just sucked

I usually put in a reliever if the rain delay is more than 30 minutes. SDS half assed this feature though. There should be a chance at a rainout and a shortened game or a rescheduled doubleheader. MVP 05 and MLB 2K7 has this feature long ago.

Last edited by baconbits11; 04-27-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2023, 02:58 PM   #6
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Yeah they must have just sucked

I usually put in a reliever if the rain delay is more than 30 minutes. SDS half assed this feature though. There should be a chance at a rainout and a shortened game or a rescheduled doubleheader. MVP 05 and MLB 2K7 has this feature long ago.
I remember when they announced the rain delays, Ramone did not sound too excited about it. He even mentioned at the time he didn't know why people would want this.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I remember when they announced the rain delays, Ramone did not sound too excited about it. He even mentioned at the time he didn't know why people would want this.
Well, i agree with Ramone if they knew they were doing it half *** like mentioned above. Had they done it correctly it would be a cool feature.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Which probably explains why they're so poorly implemented. But this all comes down to getting dynamic weather in the game. Since the only way to get rain is to specifically set the weather to "Rain", you're stuck in a downpour for 5 innings before the game says "Hey, wait a minute, it's raining!" and triggers the cutscene. This is just dumb, and the main reason I never put rain on. If it defaults to rain, I just change it to overcast. There's no strategy involved with it or anything, it's basically just an excuse to get your starter out of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »