Home

get more groundballs from cpu

This is a discussion on get more groundballs from cpu within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2023, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
get more groundballs from cpu

I am strictly a franchise player and i do pretty well against the cpu. I play every game every inning. i usually have really good pitching stats. However I really have problem getting the cpu to hit the ball on the ground and therefore Im always last in assists. Everything is either a strikeout lineout or fly out. I get like maybe 3 groundouts a game. Does anyone know how to pitch so they hit ball on ground more. I'm not complaining because like I said I do fairly well. I would just like to have a realistic amount of groundouts. I would also like to get few more double plays. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2023, 05:41 PM   #2
Banned

Re: get more groundballs from cpu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ees110
I am strictly a franchise player and i do pretty well against the cpu. I play every game every inning. i usually have really good pitching stats. However I really have problem getting the cpu to hit the ball on the ground and therefore Im always last in assists. Everything is either a strikeout lineout or fly out. I get like maybe 3 groundouts a game. Does anyone know how to pitch so they hit ball on ground more. I'm not complaining because like I said I do fairly well. I would just like to have a realistic amount of groundouts. I would also like to get few more double plays. Thanks
Something changed with CPU hitting this year. They are a lot more disciplined and yes I also noticed a lot more line outs and fly outs. I cannot get them to chase anything out of the K zone as good as year's past.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:53 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ees110
So many factors go into it. Like what type of pitching mechanic are you using, and what is your pitching pattern. I get plenty of ground balls against the CPU using classic pitching.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 04-26-2023, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

I use meter pitching. I usually throw fastballs all over the zone, sinkers and changeups down and with 2 strikes curves and sliders out of zone to make them chase. like I said I have pretty good success doing that--usually near top of league in pitching. but for some reason I dont get many ground balls and alot of the ones I do get go through for hits. In my current season i played 17 games and have 26 ground ball outs.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:59 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
So many factors go into it. Like what type of pitching mechanic are you using, and what is your pitching pattern. I get plenty of ground balls against the CPU using classic pitching.

Sent from my thoughts
“Plenty” means what? Assuming you play every game where do you rank in assists? That’s really the only question here. I brought this up in the impressions thread and it was basically “countryboy is 5th in his rankings so lol it’s obviously just you bro lolol pwned” in response.

I’ve ranked dead last in assists in this game for like a decade, maybe longer, and what I argue is that the RNG is pushing way too many weak, lame, boring infield pop-ups, and that the vast majority of those plays should be fun, engaging, routine grounders instead.

OBVIOUSLY a lot goes into this, most notably your pitching staff for starters (do have a staff that is good at forcing groundablls?) but I just mean to highlight the general impression I get where the RNG gifts you plenty weak outs but doesn’t allow you a nice fun infield play. I just think it could be tweaked a bit, is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2023, 09:20 PM   #6
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

I wish there an attribute rating for this for both hitters and pitchers.

Start the bar in the middle meaning 50-50 then one notch to the right would mean either the pitcher is prone to get more ground balls or hitter is more prone to hit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »