Home

What's The Next Step With ERA Mode?

This is a discussion on What's The Next Step With ERA Mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2023, 06:11 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
What's The Next Step With ERA Mode?

2k adding ERA mode was a great feature this year. But, I'm wondering what they'll do next with the Mode? Will they add more ERA's like the "Jerry West" or "Bill Russell" ERA? Will they add the ability to start a franchise at any single year? Looking forward to see what they do with 2k24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2023, 06:59 PM   #2
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What's The Next Step With ERA Mode?

Again, I'd be happy if they allowed user created rosters for Eras Quick Play. But I'd also like if they did this for 2K23 and didn't make it a "New feature" in 2K24.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like a couple of new start dates. 1995-96 would probably be pretty popular and easy to put in. An early 2010s one (2010-11) would also be pretty popular. A pre-merger start date would be interesting but I don’t know how they’d handle the merger and dispersal draft.

I also hope they get the rights to more older players. Besides the usual ones (Chuck and Reggie), there’s still a lot of notable players missing. The 03-04 Pistons are awful without Tayshaun and Rasheed, Chris Webber is gone again, the late 2000s/ early 2010s draft classes are missing a lot of recently retired guys.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:01 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Different start dates would be nice but also just more players would honestly be enough for me. I think the mode is the coolest and best thing any sports game has added.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't expect them to do much but maybe add a few missing players and possibly update the quick play mode so you can use custom Era roster. Draft classes seemed pretty cool when they added them and then they didn't really do much with them again until Eras.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2023, 09:04 PM   #6
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

The Magic and Bird Era had an impact rookie in the following draft--Jordan.
The Jordan Era had an impact rookie in the following draft--Shaq.
The Kobe Era had an impact rookie in the following draft--Lebron.

With that formula, I could see another Jordan Era in 1995-96 with the impact rookie being Allen Iverson; this would make sense because AI could represent 2K's 25th anniversary with 2K24 (if it weren't for Ja's personal troubles, I've thought a Morant/Iverson cover would be ideal for an "anniversary edition".

I could also see another Kobe Era in 2008-09 with the impact rookie being Steph Curry.

Similar to the Jordan Era of 1991-92 with him leaving after '92-'93, I could see a late Lebron Era of 2012-2013 with him leaving (or staying) after '13-'14 and the impact rookie being Giannis.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Whatever they do with they need to have more players. I don't feel like they lied about the historic draft classes when they first added those, but they were very careful about the language they used, and then you get to some of them and like 6 real guys in there.

This game is never going to have OOTP level historical realism when it comes to players, but they need to bridge that gap a bit.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:17 PM   #8
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Hopefully:

1. Add more eras (95-96 leading into the '96 draft and 08-09 leading into the '09 draft would be perfect as previously noted)
2. Flesh out the rosters out of the box with more likeness agreements
3. Finally replace all the face scans from last gen
4. Flesh out more of the "little things" (more accurate arena and jersey changes, more options for player appearances through the years, more coach face scans, more presentation options, etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »