Home

Is 2k23 worth it on pc right now?

This is a discussion on Is 2k23 worth it on pc right now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-22-2023, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is 2k23 worth it on pc right now?

I see it's currently $20, and while I have 22 and enjoy it i guess, I was wondering what some "improvements" are in the new game? Most specifically, will the user Ai actually foul the CPU? I play mostly myleague and want to see realism, fouls on jumpers is my main pet-peeve. They were good on 22 but then one of the updates broke them and now not only do I never see it, the CPU now shoots like 5 free throws a game, where before I was putting them on the line 20-30 times a game (with sliders) and getting 25-30 user fta

Sent from my SM-S908E using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2023, 10:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Is 2k23 worth it on pc right now?

It depends, I have it for PS5 but i bought it for the PC because with Steam its the only way myself and two of my friends can do a MyLeague Co-op. Not anything too serious. We had Embiid(myself) LeBron and Dame(but traded for SGA now) on the Lakers. https://youtu.be/Z5Zwk0Otiko
Old 04-23-2023, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
It depends, I have it for PS5 but i bought it for the PC because with Steam its the only way myself and two of my friends can do a MyLeague Co-op. Not anything too serious. We had Embiid(myself) LeBron and Dame(but traded for SGA now) on the Lakers. https://youtu.be/Z5Zwk0Otiko
Do you play against the CPU? I mainly wanna know what gameplay is like and if it's at all possible to replicate stuff that happens in the nba like fouling

Old 04-23-2023, 03:35 AM   #4
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

If you're willing to dive into mods, then it's worth it. You can get next gen style features with a simple mod install, accurate looking sneakers, next gen style presentation, better reshades.

Gameplay wise, you can always tune it to however you need it to play.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:20 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

gameplaywise this game is Not anything close to Realism.if this is what you are looking for, i cannot recommend buying it at all. even with tweaking the sliders you wont find Good gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2023, 10:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
gameplaywise this game is Not anything close to Realism.if this is what you are looking for, i cannot recommend buying it at all. even with tweaking the sliders you wont find Good gameplay.
This is my dilemma! hahaha. I have 22 and can keep playing that, but from your experience is 23 a big improvement? Mainly for fouls or lack thereof

Old 04-23-2023, 12:34 PM   #7
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

I recently downloaded 2k23 for PC even though I have it on series x. I downloaded it solely for myleague. I modded it immediately. I have sliders that make the gameplay a lot better than default but still it's Nba2k. The games catered to whiny little brats who want an arcade experience. However, myleague plays much better than mycareer. You don't see half of the garbage you would in a Rec or proam game.

It's crazy how much better it looks compared to 2k23 on the series x. Especially with the pc version being a current gen port. I'll post pics

Also, 25-30 FT a game is above league average. League average is 23. League average hasn't been 25+ since 1998. I see 12-20 per game in myleague.

Last edited by HBKSean216; 04-23-2023 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:07 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince

Imo not if u have next gen. I bought for cheap on pc but never play now w ps5.

Really like the responsiveness of cg engine but no reason to practice on it when ng seems like where people are.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »